North West Marquee - Update

Moderator: Muzorewa

Harry
Supreme Being

North West Marquee - Update

Post by Harry » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

As most of you know I have reluctant custody of a 3mx6m Gala Tent Marquee which the members chipped in to buy second hand over four years ago.

It has seen sterling service in some pretty severe weather and has formed a focal point for the (in)famous social gatherings at NW meets.

In June it was hit by a mini whirlwind and carried 300yards across a showground. By the time I had gone to retrieve it it had been partially dismantled to stop it blowing further and I just stuffed the whole tangled mess into my van and deposited the heap in the back of my wharehouse.

This afternoon, after the Allithwaite meet I decided to tackle the mess and lo9ad the lot into a nearby skip.

Guess what folks! The marquee lives on :lol: :lol:
Having disentangled everything the only things actually damaged are two poles for which we have spares, and a couple of corner joints for the ground bars which I've managed to 'fettle'.

Now here's the rub....after our Silverdale Meet in October I'd like to pass on custody of the Marquee to somone else. preferably someone who goes to/helps to organise the NW meets and who9 can spare the space in their van/trailer. I'd like to spend more of my spare weekends with my missus in our touring caravan rather than lugging the ruddy marquee around to meets :? :?. Alternatively we need someone to collect/deliver the marquee from my store. Any offers or nominations gratefully recieved.

cheers

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: North West Marquee - Update

Post by waycar8 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Sorry H, cant help the bongo is always full when we come to the meets, and I dont have anywhere at home to store it either
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Sorry I can't really help either (even though I probably technically do own a share!) #-o
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Why don't you ask Wheelquick if you can park it there?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 pm

ian good idea but doesnt work that well because someone has to lug it to and from there,we bought 2 marques,harrys one and a new one,which at this present time,and for the last 3 yrs has been in my mums garage,unable to transport myself,i also have asked if any peeps would like to collect and look after but no takers,this is not a complaint,as peeps bongos are usually full to burstin going to meets,so these bulky items,and they are,wont fit in.
harry has done the n/west proud on turning upto meets,were sometimes he hasnt even stayed,then come back for it the next day,big big 3 cheers to harry and many thanks.
the problem is they are a bulky item,and the only peeps that could possibly cart them to and fro are peeps with single occupancy,and go to every meet.
this doesnt happen every time im afraid.
also a big thanks to dbo aswell for lugging the one i have to meets for a year.
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Can it be stored at Silverdale, the Cultural home of the NW?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 pm

chris good dea but i dont think its the storing it the problem,its getting them too and from meets.
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:13 pm

True but with a little cleverness . . . Most meets are, reasonably close to Silverdale, if not actually there.

A fair few peeps seem to arrive a day early for the said bashes.

All it needs is an empty van to go & grab it on a friday, gas money can be recouped from a whipround (generous bunch - on the whole!!) & life can carry on.

Thinking it through though, returning on a sunday is always going to be a problem. . . . .

Plan B. Lets use And & Dens house as a marquee instead. Its already there, no need to store or shift it & it won't get blown away on a stormy night.

:D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Well if its Andy and Dens, then its found a good home :lol: , they have a trailer too 8) :lol: :lol:
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 pm

I think your skip idea was a better option Harry. Everyone will use the gala tent but it is a lot of hassle to store and lug around....

Waycar, Andy and Den's trailer has far too many toys in it! Me is thinking cones as their last escapade lol

Jo :)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 am

Would it make sense to try flog it rather than skip it,put the money back into the kitty and maybe all put some more in there (a few quid for four years entertainment is pretty good value) and try to find something more practical/lightweight which folds down smaller - we have storage space but no trailor so it would need to fit in the bongo with our kit.we dont attend every meet but most cumbria/yorks ones -or someone could pick it for stourport etc though we,re a bit out of the way.
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:28 am

That sounds a good idea, sell on perhaps. Maybe the Drag racing people might be interested in it. They use them all the time.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:48 am

I dont have the space to store the marquee like i used to.(i sold up and moved)
I think we have had our moneys worth out of both marquees,Dave jetskier has had one of the marquees for a couple of years now, and Harry the other,im sure they could do with the space.
Why not sell them both on ebay or if any bongo peep wants to buy one or both then make an offer, and stick the money in the N/W fund that i think we have a few quid in.
Lost without my Bongo.

Return to “North West”