I'm new around here and buying my first Bongo/Freda!

Moderator: Muzorewa

twotaffs

I'm new around here and buying my first Bongo/Freda!

Post by twotaffs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 am

Morning all!
Just put down a deposit on what will be my first move into the Bongo/Freda world.
Having visited several dealers and viewed some 14 vehicles, we went with Wheelquick - very helpful guys (Snr&Jnr Mikes) and they spoke in a language that I a mere novice could just about keep up with. The following day I bumped into "Wormy" on the M5 who spoke highly of the Wheelquick lads. Are there any other comments that current members have on Wheelquick? (the vehicle is a Freda which is on the water as we speak!)
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Re: I'm new around here and buying my first Bongo/Freda!

Post by Triple/R » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 am

Well done & welcome :) ~i've had no dealings with Wheelquick apart from a few phone calls some months ago,but they did'nt have what i wanted at the time but gave me some helpful advice~you picked a first class dealer there quite a lot have bought from then & been more than pleased~so well done & stick some pics on when you get it.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
platty345

Post by platty345 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:57 am

Dont worry mate,It will be a good one and you will be well looked after, Got mine off them had it for nearly 4 years and not a problem,
Stu the mechanic knows all there is to know about these motors.
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm

welcome.
they were very helpful when we needed a part and i,ve seen lots of recommendation from people on here - i suspect certain members in the north west section actually camp there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
twotaffs

Post by twotaffs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks guys thats encouraging, I'm getting really excited and its comforting to know that there's a whole community out there to speak to.
We met a really nice couple from Carnforth who were visiting Wheelquick at the same time and they gave Mike & Mike glowing references!
Hopefully it arrives in the UK within two weeks then a quick conversion and we'll be on the road and heading to some "meets" with you guys!
I will get some pics up asap.
Pete & Cerys
joe-robo

Post by joe-robo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 pm

i've bought 2 bongos from the mikes... both vans have been top notch as has the service from them... they'll see you right....
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:30 am

I bought mine from Wheelquick and now I have emigrated, they are even helping me sell it as I can't do it myself - you won't go wrong.
twotaffs

Post by twotaffs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Again, thank you guys, its comformting to read your comments.
Can't wait for the happy day! :)
seventiesboy
Bongolier

Post by seventiesboy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi
We are in a similar situation.
Bongo "on the water" having been bought from Wheelquick.
We went with them due to their rep on this site and we were vv impressed with the 2 Mikes when we met them.
Good luck and will hopefully meet at a meet soon.
Why?...........Because somebody might wave back.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 pm

It shows the good reputation Wheelquick have when people buy bongo's they've never seen, just by going on a few pics and the words given by the two Mikes.
Lost without my Bongo.
seventiesboy
Bongolier

Post by seventiesboy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:13 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:It shows the good reputation Wheelquick have when people buy bongo's they've never seen, just by going on a few pics and the words given by the two Mikes.
It should in all honesty be low risk because the very small deposit they ask for is refundable if you don't like the vehicle, or they don't like it!

Fingers crossed though that my radar is accurate and they will come up with the goods [-o<
Why?...........Because somebody might wave back.

Return to “North West”