Noisy corner.

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Noisy corner.

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

After last years bash myself and a few others were given a bit of flack for enjoying ourselves, sorry staying up too late and making a bit of noise. Whilst I apologise for my actions, I will probably do the same at this years bash.
Would it be a good idea to put the noisy lot at one part of the field. I would suggest we go all along the river with Harry's marquee in the middle. That way we may not upset too many people.
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Re: Noisy corner.

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:56 pm

how you gonna float harrys marquee down the middle of the river
mike, jo and emma
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:02 pm

That sounds fine, except for this. The site rules (not ours)stipulate that noise should be kept to an "absolute minimum" after 11.30pm. So although we can put you, and the noisy Welsh lot, down in a corner at the Stourport end of the field by the river, if anyone complains, you will be chucked off the site.

Remember, this is a family event.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:09 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:After last years bash myself and a few others were given a bit of flack for enjoying ourselves, sorry staying up too late and making a bit of noise. Whilst I apologise for my actions, I will probably do the same at this years bash.
Would it be a good idea to put the noisy lot at one part of the field. I would suggest we go all along the river with Harry's marquee in the middle. That way we may not upset too many people.
It was my first Bash last year with my Son Daughter in law & family,we all had a great time meeting new people & having a drink with complete strangers--thats what it's all about i reckon,as for noise it did'nt bother us, when it was first mentioned last year i thought oh dear was it us #-o
AS you suggest if there was a so called noisy part of the field it would'nt bother us if we were there---so wherever they stick us thats alright by me =D> ~~~~roll on this years Bash \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Tactfully put there Ian. :wink:
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:how you gonna float harrys marquee down the middle of the river
Touché.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 pm

With the aggro that came from the noise last year, I think that a firm policy one way or the other has to be upheld & laid out, otherwise the volunteers who are doing patrols get flack, partying people get pi55ed off, people that are trying to sleep get pi55ed off & it gets messy. If the curfew is stated as being 11.30 then people should respect that if they're asked to keep it down.
I know it's difficult because it's often the one time of the year some people get together, I'm a bit of a night owl myself, but it is about mutual respect & in that field the noise really does carry at night.
I think we should have a "Champion snorer" award though :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Ian wrote:That sounds fine, except for this. The site rules (not ours)stipulate that noise should be kept to an "absolute minimum" after 11.30pm. So although we can put you, and the noisy Welsh lot, down in a corner at the Stourport end of the field by the river, if anyone complains, you will be chucked off the site.

Remember, this is a family event.
did we get any complaints from the site management last year?
If we all hole up by the river then the site management and the caravan owners will not get wind of us.
I am not trying to start a revolution here just stating that boys will be boys and it is gonna happen so why not try and keep As many people happy as possible.
Maybe this year we will have less complaints.
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm

missfixit70 wrote:With the aggro that came from the noise last year, I think that a firm policy one way or the other has to be upheld & laid out, otherwise the volunteers who are doing patrols get flack, partying people get pi55ed off, people that are trying to sleep get pi55ed off & it gets messy. If the curfew is stated as being 11.30 then people should respect that if they're asked to keep it down.
I know it's difficult because it's often the one time of the year some people get together, I'm a bit of a night owl myself, but it is about mutual respect & in that field the noise really does carry at night.
I think we should have a "Champion snorer" award though :wink:
I am going to borrow works DB tester and when I get drunk late at night we can find out who really is the loudest snorer. That way I cannot be included. I swear I was woken last year by someone else snoring, honest.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:40 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:
I am going to borrow works DB tester and when I get drunk late at night we can find out who really is the loudest snorer. That way I cannot be included. I swear I was woken last year by someone else snoring, honest.
No [-X that was your snoring echoing back off the surrounding hills Tony :lol: :lol:
Last edited by missfixit70 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 pm

missfixit70 wrote:
thedogsbollox wrote:
I am going to borrow works DB tester and when I get drunk late at night we can find out who really is the loudest snorer. That way I cannot be included. I swear I was woken last year by someone else snoring, honest.[/quote]

No [-X that was your snoring echoing back off the surrounding hills Tony :lol: :lol:
very good.
I was still annoyed by all the val-de-ree mob wakingme up at 8am after that night. So maybe there should be a morning noise limit too. 8-)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 pm

:lol: :lol: can't argue with that, I don't do mornings either at the best of times, but then I don't really bank on getting a full nights kip either, I go to the bash to meet up with all the bongo peeps, not enough hours in the day :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Oh dear. Me and the boys love our quiet spot away from it all and down by the river. I did manage to get some kip despite last years party but I'd kinda hoped............ :(

Any chance of makng an old man happy in 2010? [-o<
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:41 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Oh dear. Me and the boys love our quiet spot away from it all and down by the river. I did manage to get some kip despite last years party but I'd kinda hoped............ :(

Any chance of makng an old man happy in 2010? [-o<
Sorry Mike were you not invited. OK then i will make you happy. Please come to our gathering..... :lol:
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:55 pm

That DB tester, is it a Dogsboll tester then? Anyway, i think you should test Ady. He is a horrendous snorer.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”