So...Who's up for the 2010 big bash then?

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

roofraisers
Bongolier

Re: So...Who's up for the 2010 big bash then?

Post by roofraisers » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:17 pm

We're coming for the weekend, really getting excited now!

Just a quick question - we're going straight off to Glastonbury after the Bash and have our flags all ready for that, can we put the flags up at the Bash? The pole is 5m long which sounds quite tall but isn't that bad, it just slips over a spike in the ground.

Flags are these:

No bother if we can't put them up, just interested to know.

See you all next week!

Sue and Nigel
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:16 pm

There'll be loads of flags there :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:52 pm

I'll defo have my flags up.
The Janner Vanner
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

roofraisers wrote:We're coming for the weekend, really getting excited now!

Just a quick question - we're going straight off to Glastonbury after the Bash and have our flags all ready for that, can we put the flags up at the Bash? The pole is 5m long which sounds quite tall but isn't that bad, it just slips over a spike in the ground.

Flags are these:

No bother if we can't put them up, just interested to know.

See you all next week!

Sue and Nigel
Love the bongo flag, did you make it yourself?? Would like to have one as at the festivals everyone has much of the same (dragons, pirates, birds etc)
roofraisers
Bongolier

Post by roofraisers » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:06 pm

francophile1947 wrote:There'll be loads of flags there :lol:
Excellent - that's what I wanted to hear! Maybe we should have a "show us your flags" thread...
umbongocat wrote:Love the bongo flag, did you make it yourself?? Would like to have one as at the festivals everyone has much of the same (dragons, pirates, birds etc)
Yes, we had some material left over after making some cab curtains, so I thought I'd make us a flag. The bongo outline is appliqued onto both sides so the hardest bit was making the two sides line up before sewing it all together - but I managed it despite having only a hazy recollection of school sewing lessons :shock:

Sue
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Yes, we had some material left over after making some cab curtains, so I thought I'd make us a flag. The bongo outline is appliqued onto both sides so the hardest bit was making the two sides line up before sewing it all together - but I managed it despite having only a hazy recollection of school sewing lessons :shock:

Sue[/quote

So how do you get the bongo outline onto the material, or does the material already have it on... confused. Would love to make a bongo flat and some bunting :) Bongo bunting and flags for sale would be good
I love cheese!
roofraisers
Bongolier

Post by roofraisers » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:15 pm

umbongocat wrote:So how do you get the bongo outline onto the material, or does the material already have it on... confused. Would love to make a bongo flat and some bunting :) Bongo bunting and flags for sale would be good
Oh - I drew the bongo outline onto some paper and cut it out, then used that as a pattern to cut out the white shapes from some cheap white material (a sheet or pillowcase would do) then pinned it onto the green material so that the two sides matched up (the hardest part) and tacked it in place, then sewed round the edges of the bongo shapes with a sewing machine. Took me 2 days on and off, so a bit of a project...

Sue
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Very neat job Sue. =D>
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 am

roofraisers wrote:
umbongocat wrote:So how do you get the bongo outline onto the material, or does the material already have it on... confused. Would love to make a bongo flat and some bunting :) Bongo bunting and flags for sale would be good
Oh - I drew the bongo outline onto some paper and cut it out, then used that as a pattern to cut out the white shapes from some cheap white material (a sheet or pillowcase would do) then pinned it onto the green material so that the two sides matched up (the hardest part) and tacked it in place, then sewed round the edges of the bongo shapes with a sewing machine. Took me 2 days on and off, so a bit of a project...

Sue
Very clever, I'm useless with the needle, will have to ask a member of the family to help... looks great :)
I love cheese!
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Well the Weather forecast from Here Looks okay..... mainly Dry so at Least BDC wont need to be washing his Bongo everyday....... a quick wipe over should be sufficient.... :wink:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:31 pm

mikexgough wrote:Well the Weather forecast from Here Looks okay..... mainly Dry so at Least BDC wont need to be washing his Bongo everyday....... a quick wipe over should be sufficient.... :wink:
It's no problem for BDC he's got a full cover for it with a clear plastic panel over the windscreen :^o :^o :^o :lol: :lol:
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 pm

#-o do we have to clean our bongos to attend the bash, I knew I had something to do this weekend :D
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:56 pm

dobby wrote:#-o do we have to clean our bongos to attend the bash, I knew I had something to do this weekend :D
Only if your camping next to BDC.... :lol: :lol: he wouldn't want any dirt to blow onto his Bongo.... :wink:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:05 pm

still got volcanic ash on mine :oops:
:roll: or was it Tackeroo dust #-o
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 pm

dobby wrote:#-o do we have to clean our bongos to attend the bash, I knew I had something to do this weekend :D
I cleaned mine last week! It's long way to Stourport from here which means it is pointless doing it again because it is bound to get dirty en route.

Hope I manage to speak to a few more people than my average of 7 at other meets. Time will tell, I suppose :roll:

That's our flags on the avatar (and don't worry, roofraisers, our pole is longer than yours :wink: )
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”