NEW BRIGHTON

Moderator: Muzorewa

Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: NEW BRIGHTON

Post by Diplomat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:41 am

Actually looking at it......either a Heron OR A PLANE

Could have been both, if it had four engines!

If it had two engines it would have been a Dove.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Diplomat wrote:

Frank
Swept back wings and straight tailplane, and it could have been a hawk. Swept back wings and tailplane, and it could have been a swift. Swept back wings and no tailplane and it could have been a swallow. Yes, I'm a geek, too. The answer to your questiuon is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_(light_bulb)
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: Blow the Cobwebs Daymeet 2010

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Ron Miel wrote:>
>
Sorry we didn't make it out today, BTW. Had hoped to be there but Mrs M very firmly pointed out that we still had decisions to make before their kitchens planner comes tomorrow morning - so spent a thrilling afternoon at B & Q, choosing work tops, tiles, sink, taps and similar enthralling stuff :( Still, she has been waiting nearly two years, since truncating house improvements work in 2008 when she became ill - be good to get it done.
Blimey! We should have come to New Brighton! B & Q seem to have gone up market, so Mrs M was able to spend more money with them than I thought was possible. Even worse, it's about 12 weeks lead time, so I'll have nearly three months of her waking me in the middle of the night to ask if I'm really sure we've picked the right taps, worktops, tiles, paint, lights.....ughhhh! :roll: I'll have to practise my most convincing "yes dear", all over again.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Swept back wings and straight tailplane, and it could have been a hawk. Swept back wings and tailplane, and it could have been a swift. Swept back wings and no tailplane and it could have been a swallow. Yes, I'm a geek, too. The answer to your questiuon is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_(light_bulb)
Looked there already, David. Thought I'd better wise up before unveiling my 2010 mission statement.

Quite surprised to find out the distinct lack of connection beween the cars and the light bulbs.

Regarding the bird, Heron seems more likely. I think I can discern the trailing legs rather than a wide fan like tail.

It's 20 years or more since I cracked the Heron/Dove joke. A CBer announced " I've just seen a Heron flying across the A2" I just had to go back with " How many engines did it have? It might have been a Dove."

Waited all this time for someone to feed it to me again.

I liked the Blue Moon. Kept forgetting to get outside and look at it.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Post by kawasaki kid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Anyway back to the original thread - Yet another great meet - good call Dabs - good to see the regulars and some new faces, the weather was even kind to us for January - cool and sunny :shock: roll on the next meet - A great way to spend the wifes birthday ........ even if she wasn`t there. #-o
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am

Diplomat wrote:

Frank
For gawds sake it was a bloody seagull :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: there must have been.....well just a few thousand flying around New Brighton when we were there!!! #-o #-o #-o #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kawasaki kid wrote:Anyway back to the original thread - Yet another great meet - good call Dabs
Thanks for that Ian I was wondering where we were going with this thread for a minute :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dabs :P
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 am

I never realised my pic would be such a hot topic :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to gatecrash your next meet Dabs! =D> =D>
Manda & Andy
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 am

Dabs wrote:
Diplomat wrote:
For gawds sake it was a bloody seagull :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: there must have been.....well just a few thousand flying around New Brighton when we were there!!! #-o #-o #-o #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kawasaki kid wrote:Anyway back to the original thread - Yet another great meet - good call Dabs
Thanks for that Ian I was wondering where we were going with this thread for a minute :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dabs :P
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Top meet as ever Dabs! Or should i say DABSICLES (considering the humid weather) :lol:

One or two piccies from me...

P.S. Where was jetskier? Did he leave while i was looking for an unfrozen jetwash? (can't believe i went to a meet with a mucky bongo) #-o

:shock: Look at this dodgey lot! :shock:

Here i actually catch YBB in mid teleport to another dimension mode...

And here i catch Daveblueozzie checking to see if his head really does go to the top of his hat...

Stonking machine!... And the owner is a thoroughly nice chap!

Here my mucky motor models this years "must have" bongo accessories (yummy, more chrome to polish!) =P~

(pm YBB for details)

The meet was hampered by the missing attendee's though... At least i managed to speak to Mr Munkey on the phone, and none too pleased was he at not being able to meet up with Mikegough as planned, it turned out ok in the end though, and all was sorted! 8)

and what about aforementioned Mikexgough eh? All the way from Flippin Cambridgeshire, or Calgary or somewhere! :shock: WOAH! Now that's what i call dedication! Good on yer Mike! =D> =D> =D>

And good one Dabs for starting off the new year with a stonker of a meet! =D> =D> =D>

Let's see plenty more with such good company eh mate? :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Post by kawasaki kid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:52 am

Glad your van was so dirty Ste, it blended in with all the other salt stained vans. #-o Fitted the gaiter today =D> - had to do something to the van whilst it was snowing. :lol: as for the meet piccies - the sun was shining ............. and we stood in the shadows. #-o
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 am

Due to entirely self inflicted circumstances, I missed the sunniest event of the year! :roll:

Great snaps though chaps, I can almost smell the kettle boiling up ready for some noodley nourishment!!

Deal me in on a set of handles please Carl.

8)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

Post by You've Been Bongod » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

your name is down on the list chris

so far peeps who have ordered a set of the bling
and as ste says this years must have pimp are

BDC
DBO
DABS
YBB
RUSHMON
TOMO53
WOODENWHEEL
JETSKI
DRIVER
MISTER MUNKEY
MIKEXGOUGH
DAVE_ABER

AS BDC SAYS ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS SOME CONTACT ME VIA PM AS THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE HOPEFULLY END JANUARY
I NOW HAVE AN ASTRA JUST THE BONGO TO FIND A NEW HOME THEN I AM OUT OF HERE

Return to “North West”