Possible collection from Bolton for me?

Moderator: Muzorewa

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Possible collection from Bolton for me?

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm thinking about bidding on a couple of tents on Fleabay. They are listed as one item and the price is really good.

Unfortunately, for me to travel to Bolton to collect them (collection only), would cost me an arm and a leg from Swindon!

I've looked at some couriers but this would require the seller to package the tents and I don't know if he would be willing to do this.

I was wondering if anyone in the Bolton area would be able to collect the items for me and help me to move them down to my area via bongo fury members?

I don't want to bid on them unless I know I can get them to Swindon somehow.

I've just noticed the seller also wants cash on collection too, so I could send the cash up in advance via Paypal or similar?

Can anyone possibly help please?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Re: Possible collection from Bolton for me?

Post by mobilecat » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:50 pm

If you can sort out payment with the seller direct and win the item I can certainly pick up from Bolton for you. If you can sort out relay from North Manchester or from Whiston (where hubby works) near Liverpool then I can get it started for you.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:31 pm

mobilecat wrote:If you can sort out payment with the seller direct and win the item I can certainly pick up from Bolton for you. If you can sort out relay from North Manchester or from Whiston (where hubby works) near Liverpool then I can get it started for you.
Thank you, that's wonderful news. I'm in contact with the seller and she says she would prefer Paypal anyway (despite saying cash on collection on the ad). I'm seriously considering this one as it has a "Buy it now" price.

Is there anyone out there that could pick it up from North Manchester or Whiston, Liverpool and bring it further down south for me?

I am due to go to Stoke on Trent on the 25 October if that can help the journey any way.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Jilly if you look at Quechua tents on ebay there is a firm advertising as tent couriers who say they will give you a quote before you buy.

Obviously just a courier firm but they spotted how hard it is to get your hands on a quecua and so will know what size to expect.

Dont know if this helps.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:02 pm

New Forest Terrier wrote:Jilly if you look at Quechua tents on ebay there is a firm advertising as tent couriers who say they will give you a quote before you buy.

Obviously just a courier firm but they spotted how hard it is to get your hands on a quecua and so will know what size to expect.

Dont know if this helps.
Thanks for the info New Forest Terrier. I looked at the website and they quote £25.00 for tents up to 2.5 m long and weighing under 50kg. I reckon my little bundle will come under that but £25.00 is £25.00!

Looking at other options. Thanks for looking though.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 am

OH has poo poo'd the idea "What do you want to buy a tent for at this time of year?" so now I daresn't buy them. Can't really afford them right now see, so defo needs his OK about it. I've emailed the seller in case they don't go and the seller will wait - ever hopeful!

Thanks to everyone for their help. :cry:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca

Return to “North West”