Workshop Manual for Petrol Bongos: Advance Orders

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Ian
Supreme Being

Workshop Manual for Petrol Bongos: Advance Orders

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 pm

I have just finished proof reading this manual, and we are now ready to proceed to printing. Delivery is expected in 4 to 6 weeks. If anyone wants to reserve a copy at a discounted price, see end of this announcement.

The manual is 294 x A4 pages, bound. It has been translated from the original Mazda Technician manual. The retail price will be £62.50 (non-members) and £57.50 (members). The manual covers 2.0 litre petrol (engine type FE-E) and 2.5 litre V6 petrol (engine type J5-DE). The full production run (1995 to 2005) is included.

The manual covers the following areas:

Engine (drive belts, compression, timing belt, cylinder head, component removal and disassembly)
Lubrication (oil change, oil filter)
Coolant (coolant change, radiator, thermostat, waterpump, fans)
Control Systems (ignition timing, intake system, fuel tank & filter, EGR, ECU, solenoids, fault diagnosis, troubleshooting guide)

This manual will only be available through the club. We have sole UK distribution rights, and we have had to make a significant up-front investment to get this projecy completed. So that we can recoup our initial costs, we are offering a discount on all advance orders. So until the manuals arrive, we are offering £7.50 off the retail price. The non-members price is £55, members price £50. Price includes postage to UK.

If you want to take advantage of this offer, please phone 0114-2550836 between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Thursday. We will then take payment details and send you the manual as soon as it arrives. Our operatives are waiting for your call! :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: Workshop Manual for Petrol Bongos: Advance Orders

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Ian wrote:I have just finished proof reading this manual, and we are now ready to proceed to printing. Delivery is expected in 4 to 6 weeks. If anyone wants to reserve a copy at a discounted price, see end of this announcement.

The manual is 294 x A4 pages, bound. It has been translated from the original Mazda Technician manual. The retail price will be £62.50 (non-members) and £57.50 (members). The manual covers 2.0 litre petrol (engine type FE-E) and 2.5 litre V6 petrol (engine type J5-DE). The full production run (1995 to 2005) is included.

Engine (drive belts, compression, timing belt, cylinder head, component removal and disassembly)
Control Systems (ignition timing, intake system, fuel tank & filter, EGR, ECU, solenoids, fault diagnosis, troubleshooting guide)

This manual will only be available through the club. We have sole UK distribution rights, and we have had to make a significant up-front investment to get this projecy completed. So that we can recoup our initial costs, we are offering a discount on all advance orders. So until the manuals arrive, we are offering £7.50 off the retail price. The non-members price is £55, members price £50. Price includes postage to UK.

If you want to take advantage of this offer, please phone 0114-2550836 between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Thursday. We will then take payment details and send you the manual as soon as it arrives. Our operatives are waiting for your call! :D
Great stuff Ian but, as this manual only covers engines, not the drive train, nor the rest of the Bongo, can you do a well-discounted price for both manuals - this, plus the earlier WL-T engined nearly-complete Bongos manual? Is there any uptake for the following - extracted from the final page of the WL-T manual:

"IT DOES NOT COVER

Chassis electrics (available through club already), Body/Trim & Heating/Aircon.

These latter 2 will be issued as supplements if there is enough demand."

Thanks,

David
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Ian wrote:I have just finished proof reading this manual, and we are now ready to proceed to printing. Delivery is expected in 4 to 6 weeks. If anyone wants to reserve a copy at a discounted price, see end of this announcement.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Will be in touch soon :wink:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Ron Miel wrote: Great stuff Ian but, as this manual only covers engines, not the drive train, nor the rest of the Bongo, can you do a well-discounted price for both manuals - this, plus the earlier WL-T engined nearly-complete Bongos manual? Is there any uptake for the following - extracted from the final page of the WL-T manual:

"IT DOES NOT COVER

Thanks,

David
Yes, once we receive the stock of new manuals, we will make them available as a "double pack". But I don't know the price yet.
Never had any demand for Body'Trim or Heating/Aircon systems though.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 am

Ian wrote:
Ron Miel wrote: Great stuff Ian but, as this manual only covers engines, not the drive train, nor the rest of the Bongo, can you do a well-discounted price for both manuals - this, plus the earlier WL-T engined nearly-complete Bongos manual? Is there any uptake for the following - extracted from the final page of the WL-T manual:

"IT DOES NOT COVER

Thanks,

David
Yes, once we receive the stock of new manuals, we will make them available as a "double pack". But I don't know the price yet.
Never had any demand for Body'Trim or Heating/Aircon systems though.
Thanks Ian. Will definitely be buying but will await double pack offer, hoping you can make that a good one.

dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 am

Good news and a lot of work Ian =D> Proof reading is an ardous task (some proof readers start from the end of a document so it doesn't make any sense and mistakes are found easier)

Maybe you've had a techie look at it this time but one of the main problems I found with the WLT manual you sent me is that the actual English word is correctly spelt but is the wrong word, i.e. the incorrect translation. I've struggled a few times to understand whats being described only to realise that the incorrect translation has been provided.

This can lead non technically minded folks down the wrong route.
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 am

I've only done a grammatical proof read. The technical proof read will be done over the weekend by a Japanese service engineer, based in New Zealand :shock: . So it is unlikely to be faultless, but I'm sure he will do his best!

By the way, the twin pack is likely to be in the region of £100 plus postage.
uncle
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by uncle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:11 am

As a matter of interest I believe the 2.0litre FE-E engine was used in the Mazda E2000 van/pickup/people carrier which WAS imported to uk officially. I actually got bits for mine from Mazda dealer using E2000 parts lists which came up with the same ID's for parts. Also there is a manual for this van available.
Its nice to have another source.
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:33 pm

How come I missed this :?: #-o #-o #-o :oops: :oops:

It's Friday PM so I'm going to have to wait until Monday to phone in my order :roll: :roll:

This is a must have for me - thanks and well done Ian =D>

Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
merrlyn

Post by merrlyn » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:34 am

Hi,

I'm sure this is old news and benn asked already . . . . but . . . is there a similar or Haynes type manual available for the 2.5l Diesel? (I have a Wreg SGL5)

many thanks,

Simon
(about to embark on my first - almost do it by myself - service) :?
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:49 am

In the club shop if you click above right, but don't expect a haynes type manual, it's a proper workshop manual, a very different beast, most of the info you'll need is on the forum or in the factsheets in the members area.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:57 pm

These manuals have now arrived from the printers, and advance orders will be posted out next week.

I thought long and hard about the "double pack" idea, but eventually came up with a cheaper solution. There will now be 2 volumes for the petrol Bongos. Volume 1 covers the engine, lubrication & coolant systems, fuel & emissions. And volume 2, which is a cut and paste of the relevant sections from the diesel manual, covers transmission, steering, brakes, suspension, wheels, prop shaft, roof, external lights etc.

Volume 1 is in stock now, Volume 2 end of next week.

See main website early next week for prices & details.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:26 am

Ian wrote:See main website early next week for prices & details.
Di you upload the info yet Ian. Will it just be added to Discounted Shopping/Manuals & Publications (in which case, I know the answer)?

Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 am

Info will appear over the weekend. Or you can phone to order now if you want. Members price for petrol manuals as follows:

Volume 1: Engine Manual (engine, coolant, lubrication, fuel, emissions) £55
Volume 2: Chassis Manual (everything else) £30
Double Pack: (Vols 1 & 2) £75

Ian
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Ian wrote:Info will appear over the weekend. Or you can phone to order now if you want. Members price for petrol manuals as follows:

Volume 1: Engine Manual (engine, coolant, lubrication, fuel, emissions) £55
Volume 2: Chassis Manual (everything else) £30
Double Pack: (Vols 1 & 2) £75

Ian
Thanks Ian. I'll watch for it during the w/e. Presumably I'll be able to PayPal it then - credit card not to hand where I'm online upstairs at the mo'

Return to “Techie Stuff”