Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Moderator: Doone

Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Post by Doone » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Dave, best of luck from us, hope all goes well.
We echo that and hope all goes very well indeed. :)
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 pm

I've had a bit of interest regarding this meet, but hope for some more.

I have handed out a few flyers to folk to put on Bongos and shall be putting a few out myself as well. There seem to be a lot of Bongos/Fredas in this area who aren't BF members or Forum members and who don't wave!! I'm thinking of adding "come along and find out why we wave at you" to the flyers.

Anyway, suggested wording as follows if you want to help me out by making your own and putting them out around your area (I've used A5 paper)

A friendly welcome awaits all

MAZDA BONGO / FORD FREDA owners

at an informal pre-Christmas meet

at Gyllyngvase Beach Car Park, Falmouth

on Sunday 13th December from 11.00am

Just drop by for a few minutes or stay as long as you like
Children very welcome

Weather permitting, we will have a picnic on the beach (bring your own) and some beach games for children and adults alike

For up to date information, see the Devon & Cornwall section of http://www.bongofury.co.uk

Additionally, if you are planning on staying in the area, or staying later on the Sunday there's a Salvation Army Christmas Celebration at the nearby Princess Pavilion/Gyllyngdune Gardens (with the Sally Army Band and Singers) starting at 4pm. Details here http://www.carrickleisureservices.org.u ... leid=30088

I'm trying to work out what we can all do to make things festive - but I'm sure you'll dig out your Santa Hats and Antlers while I am thinking about Christmas-type beach games. Unless it's chucking it down with rain, I shall be bringing a picnic to eat on the beach and hope you will follow suit.

If you're planning on overnighting, I know that Carnon Downs Caravan & Camping Park http://www.carnon-downs-caravanpark.co.uk/ is open all year. That's half way between Truro and Falmouth (ie about 6 miles from Falmouth) and also Parbola which is near Hayle and about 20 miles away http://www.parbola.co.uk/index.html I've not stayed at either, so these are not recommendations as such, but I've never heard anything bad about them. I wouldn't recommend risking it, but there have been camper vans parked up at Swanpool Beach Car Park and Gyllyngvase Beach Car Park (where we are meeting) overnight with their silver screens up, so obviously sleeping there. I didn't tell you that, but I will tell you that the police are on the lookout for folk who sleep in vans (but usually the converted horsebox type ones :D )

Incidentally, there is no parking charge at Gyllyngvase Beach Car Park between October and March so we don't have to "pay and display".
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:30 pm

looks good to me Allison, we'll be there, we're hoping to stay for the week end in the caravan. We haven't book a site as yet but have found a caravan site at Wheal Rose at £10 + £3.50 hook up per night near Redruth, if I remember correctly it's not that far from Falmouth. Looking forward to it, keep up the good work Allison
Dave
The Janner Vanner
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:21 pm

That all sounds good. :) Oops, Al was looking forward to a roast dinner in the cafe! :wink:
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
blondetop

Post by blondetop » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Hiya Everyone

We hope to be there...

Sorry I havent been on, but we are very bizzy bees at the mo and in the next two weeks should be all sorted and then I will have more time for the PC...I hope ha ha .

We are very much enjoying our new Bongo...went out on the moors on sunday put the roof up with a nice cup of coffee/tea....but I think I won't take my L Plates off for being a new camper just yet !!

Happy Bongoing Blondetop xxx
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 pm

we are looking to join you....... [-o< were in Valkenburg, Holland the week before... :D ... if we come down we will do a stayover..... Saturday and Sunday on our way back....
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:25 am

Dave, I wish I could say come and park the caravan on our drive but unfortunately it is very steep. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 am

Subject: Campsite near Falmouth
http://www.cosawestouringandcamping.co.uk/

Hi Dave, Try looking at this site it is a few miles outside Falmouth just off the A39 Truro----Falmouth road. It seems to have good revives via UK Campsites.
Have known many people who have used the site and all say they would use it if in the area.

Hope you are all keeping well

Bob

ROOSTER
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks Bob, we've seen that site on the net, so many to choose from. We'll decide which one to book in a few days. We hope you and Mo are keeping well. I had my first run out as a passenger in a car with friends to Looe today. First time out of the house for 2 weeks, god it felt good, had a good chat with Steve of CampingCaradon. I'm suffering a little with pain but nothing like it was before the op. We're looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Dave
The Janner Vanner
davetheclockman
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by davetheclockman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:21 pm

New to this meeting up business but will be there onDec 13th.Looking forward to meeting everybody. davetheclockman.
Freewheeler
Bongonaut

Post by Freewheeler » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 pm

See you all there.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Not long to go now... 8)
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:10 am

Looking forward to seeing you all. Hope it has stopped raining by then [-o<

By way of a reminder, 11am (ish), Gyllyngvase Beach Car Park (entrance off Spernen Wyn Road). Free parking. Bring your own BBQ or picnic or food available at beach cafe or various hotel restaurants/bars in immediate vicinity. Dogs allowed on beach. Children very welcome (if only to keep my little cherub company :lol: :lol:)

Looks as though I've picked a busy day as far as Falmouth is concerned. Don't abandon the meet but if you've brought someone with you who can't stand hovering around Bongos and freezing on beaches, it's the last day of the Falmouth Christmas festival so there's events in town too !!

Christmas Market 10am- 4pm Events Square, Selling beautiful gifts, fine art, clothes and hot made soup to warm the cockles. Santa’s Grotto Sat & Sun.

12pm Christmas Glitter Parade. A Glitter Parade from High Street, leading to the Moor via Lower Killigrew Street, Webber Street and through the town centre to Events Square. Local traders and community members dress up and join in the festive party atmosphere, joined by Falmouth Samba Band.

The Craic Horse, Church St Corner. Join the Craic Horse for wild, cheery and faster than usual Irish and British jigs, reels, polkas and hornpipes which will have your feet stamping.

Events Square, Mr Bamboozle. One of the best in the West and fun for all the family. With 250 balloon models in his portfolio come and see some amazing balloon modelling, probably like you’ve never witnessed before!

11am-4pm - Lanner and District Silver Band, The Moor.

The Busketeers, Main Gallery, The Poly. The Busketeers bring their unique brand of Eastern European swing, klezmer, Ska, Blues, Gypsy-punk and their own brand of humorous songs to Falmouth. No time stated but it will be during shopping hours.

YOU, however, will be at the meet, won't you [-X :lol:

And we will be leaving at about 3.30pm (unless everyone has already gone before that) for the Budock Parish Church Christingle Service (a real test of faith - a four year old with a lit candle and four cocktail sticks :lol: )

I've been trying to interest local owners who do not use the forum and are not BF members with some success. Hope you are all doing the same :)
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
meztonkin

Post by meztonkin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:16 am

Hi all,

Just joined the throng!

I just happen to be in Cornwall this weekend.

I shall now drive my newly acquired very posh Freda instead of my boring company car from Somerset.

Look forward to meeting up and having some chatty type stuff with you all.

Mez.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello and welcome Mez. :) If anyone is bringing their kids, could they please let us know, we don't want to bring too few kids 'selection boxes'. :) Although, if we bring too many I'm sure some 'big kids' could have them. :wink:

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”