The Italian Job

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Re: The Italian Job

Post by the janner vanner » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Very well done Kirsty, and to the other members of the group, on an epic trip. Great pixs, makes me feel I really missed out on this one but as you know I would have gone, tis no fun getting old. I can't wait to hear Freewheelees account of the trip, looking forward to it.
See you at Stourport
Dave
The Janner Vanner
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 pm

northerntaff wrote:Thanks for sharing so many fantastic photos Kirsty, you've really given us all a great flavour of your trip. It looked absolutely fantastic...you'll need a rest to get over it all now !! :lol: :wink:

There's so many photos that could be used on the front of the BF website...Ian will be spoilt for choice! :-k

Some simply stunning locations that you've captured so well. =D> =D>

That's good going on the MPG...you must be pleased with that.
Is it wrong that I was hoping for better mpg :?: :oops:
The locations would have been difficult not to capture, with a proper camera rather than my camera phone, I'm sure they would be mindblowing, hoping Laura & Lin got some good ones of the fire spinning in the mountains [-o<
Triple/R wrote:What an adventure Kirsty =D> =D> =D> never had any desire to tour Europe -- can't drive proper on the right side of the road never mind on the wrong :) :) :) anyway looking at you pics---makes me envious absolutely gorgeous scenery--glad you enjoyed the experience & the Bongo's behaved :) :) :)
The Italians haven't got a clue either, Torino was an adventure in driving in itself :shock: other than that & the obnoxious Belgian truckers, most of the driving was pretty laid back, much more enjoyable than the UK, sooner we get to drive on the right side of the road here the better, roll on 2012 :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Superb photos and stunning scenery,especially as you say they were taken on a cameraphone.

Thanks for sharing them

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:48 pm

Fantastic photographs Kirsty, what beautiful places you visited, every one with its own character, you must have had a holiday to remember for many, many years to come.

So glad you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday.
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks for sharing Kirsty great photos and and all round adventure I'm very :mrgreen: would love to do a trip like that - well done.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:12 am

Great trip, great pics! :)

Would you be able to host the pics onto a personal server - don't know about anybody else but my ol' steam powered PC slowed to a crawl in the post and a low virtual memory warning came up............ :?
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:29 am

Great pix, and trip, Kirsty. Look forward to seeing some from the others - then I hope I'll know who they were, for a start :lol:

Spent the last couple of late hours doing a first trawl through our Ireland trip ones, deleting a few so we're now down to only 385 left to choose from :roll: Some serious editing tomorrow, and then I'll get a selection up on a server.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:36 am

Hi
Excellent...That's what we could do with, more holiday snaps...what with Dabs and DBO's piccies, and yours, it's what I'd love to see more of...the peeps and the scenery. You got some good MPG on your trip :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . When we came here, we were a bit overloaded...both Bongo and caravan....glad we didn't get stopped, on reflection, and we only got 15 MPG....and we scarcely managed the various mountains. That Luxemotor with the car on the cargo hatch....aren't they gorgeous. I'm envious now, as Tony and I nearly bought one a few years back to live on. I tend to get itchy feet every few years and want to move....my daughter is the same!!!....Anyway...more pics, please!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 am

Stunning photos Kirsty. =D>
Glad you all had a great trip. Don't think I will ever be as adventurous as that. (not by choice anyway)

............Maplethorpe for our holiday this year. :lol:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Fabulous Kirsty,
So :mrgreen:
Keep the Faith

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 pm

We didn't have quite the same amount of snow as your last trip that way MH :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Gert The Green

Post by Gert The Green » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Looks fab,makes Devon and Cornwall look pretty dull now. #-o
Bought my first AFT 2 years ago with the intent of going off for 6 months
round europe,ideal size van for one.

........met the missus before planning started,13 months later my daughter was born !
I am not envious in the slightest =P~

The family Gert may be off to Italy next year in the tin top,well,ya gotta have dreams aint ya.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Some cracking pics there Kirsty, stunning locations and good weather what more could you want 8) , did you do more sites than wild camp? if it was me i would have stayed up near the mountains or at the side of some of them lakes 8)
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Great set of snaps and fantastic locations.

Thats just what we had planned for this year but thats changed now.

I have so many questions but won't bore you with them
Im glad you had a good time
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi Kirsty,fabulous pictures,looks like you had a lovely time,me and Julie would like to try a trip like that :mrgreen: but not on our own [not brave enough] maybe with some others one day. We run on LPG ,did you notice how much a litre it is over the channel by any chance :?: .Cheers Izzy
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”