F1 Silverstone 20/21 June - will i be the only Bongo again ?

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

scanner
Supreme Being

Re: F1 Silverstone 20/21 June - will i be the only Bongo again ?

Post by scanner » Tue May 12, 2009 9:35 am

ccrobins wrote: not really selling it am I !
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr........... in a word - No.

I went to plenty of GP's when I used to do some work for Canon years ago and having to pay Bernie's ticket prices just to stand (or sit) with the ticket fodder is a bit of a comedown and rather spoils the whole experience.........................
ccrobins wrote:tell you what i'll phone you so you can hear the proper ambience !
My ears remember quite well what ambiance sounds like from the pitlane thanks and they've been topped up regularly since at Le Mans Series races and events like the Renault freebie.
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:24 am

hi cc

yep i will be at the f1 this year.....

but not in the bongo

my mate has a american camper and we will be in that, and at the whittlebury site but i dont know what area

yep was very expensive, and i couldnt really afford it, but my mate just booked it and said i was coming and had 5 months to find the money

290 quid for the 4 days and i think on race day we are on the corner near the start line etc

will have to sober up for the sunday lol

i will only be doing f1 the once for the experience....

andy
ccrobins

Post by ccrobins » Tue May 12, 2009 10:46 am

I'm still the only Bongo then !

well done though Andy - you'll love it
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 am

if i see ya ill say hello

i will prob be the drunken one :lol:

andy
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 am

andyb36 wrote: i will prob be the drunken one :lol:
That narrows it down just a little then...................
Big Up The Bongo

Post by Big Up The Bongo » Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 pm

hi,
i shall be going to silverstone, but unfortunatley i will be leaving the bongo at home as i'm having to slum it in a rather large bustner motorhome..!! (bigger fridge for the beer..!!)
Was there last year, didn't see any bongos.. was abit of a blur all weekend though.. :D !!! i'll keep my eyes peeled this time and pop by for a beer.... :D
ccrobins

Post by ccrobins » Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 am

so I'm still the only bongo ! yep call in for a beer by all means. Bet your on electric hookup and everything too - probably up more towards the clubhouse - i'm on copse which you will more or less walk though to get to the cicuit - campsite tickets arrived yesterday too !
thomas104

Post by thomas104 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:39 pm

hi cc, we are there with our bongo but parking only as we are staying in a the holiday inn ! could not beat the deal, the pair of us £50 per night inc breakfast and evening meal for friday sat and sun, but will keep an eye out for you, there are 6 of us so lots of beer and bbq stuff
ccrobins

Post by ccrobins » Tue May 19, 2009 4:59 pm

holiday inn eh ? you posh lot though it does sound a good deal - will brekky be as good as a bongo brekky though ?

hope you have a coolant alarm though - you'll be queueing all the way in on sat and sun
Big Up The Bongo

Post by Big Up The Bongo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:32 pm

i'll 2nd that queing comment..!!
you can't beat waking up to a tasty brekkie done on the bbq, have a couple of cups of tea, and then just have a strole into the cuircuit..!!
COME ON JENSON..!!!!! =D>
(i was cheering for lewis last year..!!!!!!) :roll:
thomas104

Post by thomas104 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:19 pm

yes could not agree more with breakfast alfresco, and yes the traffic as well but one must side with the masses on this one unfortunatly, but i will keep my eyes out for you, will let you know where we are at when i talk to my mate, he got the tickets yesterday.

chris
ccrobins

Post by ccrobins » Wed May 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Chris, just noticed your in worsley - not seen your bongo about though ? You keep it hidden ? Maybe the worsley kot look down on a bongo - camping ewwww!
thomas104

Post by thomas104 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:36 pm

lol nah i,am more walkden its cool there !! i,am always about mate, up and down the east lancs daily and all over the place, but think i have seen yours though, but there are a lot about who are not on here !

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”