Roll Call for South Wessex

Moderator: westonwarrior

Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Re: Roll Call for South Wessex

Post by Chris&Gem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Welcome, anyone looking to book the Looe meet, make sure you dont hang around. The club meets do sell out pretty quick :wink:
Oh, wait until after i've booked in :?
MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi All,
I'm new ish (bongoing for 6 months) It's just taken me ages to notice this thread.
We've got a white v reg aero with after-market (ugly) roof. I'm commuting in it each day Salisbury(ish) to Wimborne.
Hope to get out for weekends on Dorset coast lots next year.
Mark.
Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:18 am

Welcome to the forum mark. Doesn't seem to be a lot going on down here in south wessex at the moment. Yours is the first post here since last July. Anyways, just to introduce myself, my wife Gwen and I have a wholesale plant nursery ( Glenacres) on the old A31 opposite Wimborne garden centre at Stapehill. We are fairly new members also.
Look in and say hello anytime your passing. We run a diesal 4wd Bongo, I love it, its just a dream to drive, lol. I use it quite a bit off road pursuing my hobbies of Fishing and Metal detecting. If your looking for somebody to service yours sometime in the future I've just found a really good mobile mechanic who lives in Corfe Mullen. He knows Bongos and his first job on mine as a tester ( because I wont just let anybody loose on her) was to drain and refill the cooling system and also fit a recon steering rack which he noticed was leaking badly. He did a brilliant job and at considerably less cost than a garage would have been.
dorsetdave
Bongonaut

Post by dorsetdave » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi, True not a lot happens it seems down here in Dorset,perhaps we can change that, we live in Bearwood,have had "bella" for about 3 years and love her to bits, perhaps we could arrange a day meet in the New Year,plenty of good pubs near by.

be interested in this mobile mechanic as well.

Dave and Hilary
Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Sounds like a plan. A pie and a pint at a pub somewhere in the forest maybe. I found all the mechanics details on Google MJ Green Autos corfe mullen, 07947597547. Very impressed with his work so far.
sdsk
Bongolier

Post by sdsk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi, we're the other side of the forest in Romsey!

We've had "Bluebell" for about 6 months, our young daughters love her to bits.

We've been exploring the dorset coast over the last few weekends.
Sandbanks and Highcliffe castle so far. Any recommendations for a decent beach for the kids?

We know Lepe and Calshot well, but need to explore - that's what Bongos are for!

Did you know that Autovans in Wimborne do the conversions for Imperial?
http://www.autovan.co.uk/Bongo.html

I guess they know Bongos, or know mechanics that do.

Cheers

Darron
ImageImage
2001 Aero 2.0l JAL Skylift roof & K2 Campers Intrepid Rear conversion in Carbon Fibre
Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Hello Darren, try going across the chain ferry at sandbanks to shell bay and studland the other side for a beach for kids or just a little further into Swanage. While in Swanage take the kids to the Animal adventure farm at Putlake just on the outskirts of the town, very popular place to visit.
As for Autovans and garages like them they are all just too expensive these days to use.
dorsetdave
Bongonaut

Meeting up at Studland: Jan 15th

Post by dorsetdave » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Happy New year to all our fellow "Bongoers"

Not sure how many might be interested in meeting up at Knoll Beach National Trust car park at Studland on Sunday 15th january at 11ish.

Start the New Year with a cuppa and cake and then lets see what else we can organise.

We will provide: Tea/coffee/squash and cake, please bring your own mugs.

If you are coming then drop us a line.

Hope to see you there.

Dave, Hils and Bella Bongo
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 am

Hurray! =D> A wessex meet at last. The days are getting longer and the Bongoing season dawns again.

I will be there on the 15th and looking forward to meeting everyone. I will restock the Bongo with the tea making kit plus spare mugs and hopr to remember the milk. See you there. =D>
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 am

Probably worth setting up a seperate topic for this meet so that as many peeps as possible can pick up up it.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Tony Hunt wrote:Sounds like a plan. A pie and a pint at a pub somewhere in the forest maybe. I found all the mechanics details on Google MJ Green Autos corfe mullen, 07947597547. Very impressed with his work so far.
Do you know how far he is willing to travel. Just for future referance. Ta.
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Havent a clue on that but it would be well worth giving him a call he did a good job for me.
malc
Junior Bongonaut

Post by malc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:21 pm

re Mike green, he does not like to travel out of his local area, i arranged for him to come to do a water leak
on the bongo in new milton hants and i said i would cover him for the time and fuel used to get here, but he never turned up, so we did the head ourselves over a couple of days and saved £400.00. but they say he is a good mechanic to have if you live local to him
dorsetdave
Bongonaut

Post by dorsetdave » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Just a reminder that a few of us are meeting on the 15th Jan at Knoll Beach studland, Dorset on the 15th jan, more info was posted on the 2nd Jan.
Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Cant make that one dave I'm afraid . I'm always tied up sunday mornings with me Metal detecting hobby, only time I'm allowed to go :lol: . sunday pm no problem anytime cos her indoors likes to go ride around.

Return to “South Wessex”