Tackeroo on Cannock Chase Sunday 19th April

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Hotpot
Supreme Being

Re: Tackeroo on Cannock Chase Sunday 19th April

Post by Hotpot » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Looks like you all had a fab day in the sunshine, well done guys =D>
Wish I had been there, instead of stuck in swatting up for this stupid test tomorrow... still great pics, the next best thing to being there 8)
in the hobnobmobile
kelv

Post by kelv » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Great pics

Only made a flying visit due to work commitments, but managed to get "snapped" all the same .

Would the couple from Wolverhampton ( with the unconverted van the same colour as mine, but with less rust :) who showed me the way in to Tackeroo like to PM me with their email adress ?
Would be good to keep in conact as we are geographically close :D
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Hotpot wrote:Looks like you all had a fab day in the sunshine, well done guys =D>
Wish I had been there, instead of stuck in swatting up for this stupid test tomorrow... still great pics, the next best thing to being there 8)
Sorry you couldn't make it, good luck with the swatting!
phiiiiil
Bongonaut

Post by phiiiiil » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 pm

'Twas nice to meet everyone. I have never seen so many Bongos in one place!!!

Efforts to get one of our own must be redoubled...

Phil
- Master, whats a bongo?
- A transport, I hope...
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (yes, really)
hogggman
Supreme Being

Post by hogggman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 pm

some pics...........didn`t take many today
Happy Shopper

Post by Happy Shopper » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:18 pm

We'd just like to say thank you for today. Dobby certainly found a wonderful spot for a meeting and the weather was superb. Everyone we spoke to was friendly and it was nice to put a few names to faces. Lots of people we didn't get to speak to though, maybe we'll be a little more outgoing next time. Hope to meet many of you again at the big Bash at Stourport if not before. :D

You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

Post by You've Been Bongod » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:23 pm

graham it looks like you all had a good meet

i am gutted i couldnt make it :(
I NOW HAVE AN ASTRA JUST THE BONGO TO FIND A NEW HOME THEN I AM OUT OF HERE
philo
Bongolier

Post by philo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Great photos! That's some very quick work posting those up. Really nice meeting everyone and thanks to Graham for arranging everything, great location and good work with that weather too :D . End of season BBQ sounds nice - we'll be packing the old porta potti though!
2000 V JAL converted silver over grey V6
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:39 pm

YBB - We were really sorry you couldn't make it - I told everyone it was your idea to meet up on the chase though :D :!:

Make sure the diary is clear for the next one :)

It's a great spot for meeting up, must try and get something set up for later in the year!

Phil - good to meet you, it's either a porta potti or a little shovel :shock:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Really p**d off I couldn't get to this one - always wanted to visit Cannock Chase (also Rutland Water). But I was stuck up a ladder painting the house cos its got to be done. :evil:

What a great day meet spot (best yet in my view) esp. with such superb weather. Surely there's a Bongo Calendar shot in amongst that photo collection. You lucky lot - looks to me like the Midlands Section has defo. arrived, with numbers like that attending =D>
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Great photos guys, looks like you had a cracking day for it too 8) I reckon you lot do a bongo version of the Hairy Bikers, you always' seem to cook up a bit of a feast :lol:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:16 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Really p**d off I couldn't get to this one - always wanted to visit Cannock Chase (also Rutland Water). But I was stuck up a ladder painting the house cos its got to be done. :evil:

What a great day meet spot (best yet in my view) esp. with such superb weather. Surely there's a Bongo Calendar shot in amongst that photo collection. You lucky lot - looks to me like the Midlands Section has defo. arrived, with numbers like that attending =D>

I was a bit embarassed, had a bongo for years and we've never been to a meet before #-o then end up setting one up.

Great bunch of people, there'll be another one later in the year Mike so get that painting finished!

Here's some photo's my daughter took (hopefully I'll be able to post them this time)

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 pm

I will try hard to get down. I remember way back suggesting both Rutland Water (was supposed to organise it :oops: ) and Cannock Chase as pretty places for Midlands meets and I'm ashamed to say I didn't get to either. Mind you, the suggestion was first and foremost for those closer i.e. Midlands members. My problem is the fuel budget (not to mention family commitments etc.) doesn't allow endless whizzing off to meets so I end up being selective and frustrated :roll: But it's always great to see pics of a lovely day like today was - next best thing to being there.
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Good point about fuel, there were some folk there from the north west who said there's a lot a meets planned in the NW region. We shall try and get to one of those maybe combine it with a visit to the in-laws in L'pool.
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 am

mikeonb4c wrote:I will try hard to get down. I remember way back suggesting both Rutland Water (was supposed to organise it :oops: ) and Cannock Chase as pretty places for Midlands meets and I'm ashamed to say I didn't get to either. Mind you, the suggestion was first and foremost for those closer i.e. Midlands members. My problem is the fuel budget (not to mention family commitments etc.) doesn't allow endless whizzing off to meets so I end up being selective and frustrated :roll: But it's always great to see pics of a lovely day like today was - next best thing to being there.

It would have been really nice to meet you Mike, especially since you have helped me with so many things on the forum, but we understandably can't always get to the meets, due to one thing or another. Hopefully there will be another meet soon that you can attend and meet up :D You would have really enjoyed today and seen my back storage problem project so far, which you advised me on (still unfinished, but Muz put photo on here) Great photos of a great day! :D

Anna

I
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”