BrokersWED Meet (Near Westbury, Wiltshire) 27/28/29th March

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

BONGO-LOUIS

Re: BrokersWED Meet (Near Westbury, Wiltshire) 27/28/29th March

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Dolly1 wrote:Had a brill time thanks, photies coming. Who was that lovely couple on our left? Tim & ? from cornwall. Missed BongoLouis and Tattoo Daisy though! Where were you?
Hey you guys we did make it to the wedding but unfortunatley was our grandaughters 1st Bday so had to sort barbie. however will make up for it at some stage... going to woodlands so if your goin see you there.....
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi everyone, just popping our heads above the bedposts... Where do we start?

Friday? Actually we started just over a year ago as you well know but Friday was the icing on the (wedding) cake.

The weather was fantastic, including for Paul's morning journey to set up at BrokersWED. So was the late afternoon at the Royal Oak for a few nibbles but somewhere in between there was the small matter of the Guildhall and an exchange of rings interspersed with a few promises watched by about 70 guests and THAT poem...

Thank you all for making us feel so special and helping to make our day by celebrating with us in the culmination of what has been an eventful year. Last February Susie was led to believe that she didn't stand a ghost of a chance of being married to me, redundancy, a redecorated and at various points a lowered Bongo, a slow-coach to BrokersWED, another redecoration of the Bongo and then to cap it all, RICE in the bed!!! We know who you are...

Saturday? Well, we followed the yellow grass road along with a scarecrow and the rest of the Bongo Hiking Club while the Sheppards looked after their flock with their excellent map reading skills (not), introducing them to our pet lamb on the way to the (wedding) Bell for lunch. An excellent meal was had by all especially Susie who showed her affinity for her new surname by having lamb!?!?! The energy sapping excitement of the previous day finally catching up with Susie at that point so some of us caught a taxi back to BrokersWED driven by what appeared to be a taxi driver, but had the persona of something stuffed by a taxidermist. Meanwhile the returning hikers picked an argument with some cows on the way back, not sure of the true story but that’s the sort of thing legends are started by…

Some much needed late afternoon rest (yes, REST) in the van was followed by an evening in the well decorated Pavilion entertained by a mixture of Mo on the organ, Bob on the usual Cider and Panda juice, Kirsty on fire (literally) and another “Crazy” night on the dance floor. An unbelievable spread of food was enjoyed by all and drink flowed freely (surely that was a whole bottle of wine you started with Lin?).

A quick clear up before retiring to bed just before midnight leaving the party going on at Chris and Gem’s caravan until well past Grahams bedtime.

Sunday? Another glorious March day with the sun beating down on us all again. Despite having lost an hour in bed some managed to get up early and start their journeys home just as we rose at around 9:30. We went to the café for breakfast and then a walk around the lake to take stock of the eventful weekend. Finally clearing up in the late afternoon and leaving Kirsty there on her own with truffles and the excesses of the previous night to reflect on…

So a sincere thanks to you all for your cards, gifts, good wishes and your excellent and much appreciated company. Words will not be enough so we won’t try too hard, suffice to say that Brokerswood and the Bongo owners therein hold a very special place in our hearts.

Until we meet again,

Mr Boyfrombrasil and Mrs Boyfrombrasil
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 pm

cheers! party on dudes.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:42 pm

Congratulations U2 ad what a great memory you'll have of the event. Bongo peeps have - without question - shed loads more fun than any other peeps. Its enough to blow the credit crunch blues (and all the other blues) right out of the water. Have a great time together and see you at the Bash I hope (I'll be the one cooking and doing the dishes while my son and whichever mate accompanies him have all the fun :lol: )
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:56 pm

another little taster ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:02 pm

:roll: =D> You've gotta get comfy, I always say :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
Freewheeler
Bongonaut

Post by Freewheeler » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:44 am

A Busy Day!!
Hope the three of you had a RICE sleep - Paul, Sue and Uncle Ben :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great Wedding!!

Dolly1
Bongolier

Post by Dolly1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Here goes then - as had them on Facebook anyway used that Link. Thanks for the photo upload advice though everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 3ae03c7d90

Sarah XXXXX
SARAH & LIONEL - I Used to be Citroen 2CV "DOLLY" mad but BONGO-MAD lady with not so mad husband now!
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 pm

crazy uncle gray g wrote::roll: =D> You've gotta get comfy, I always say :lol:
I wondered where the snoring came from during the ceremony... :lol:
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
Dolly1
Bongolier

Post by Dolly1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

BONGO-LOUIS wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:Had a brill time thanks, photies coming. Who was that lovely couple on our left? Tim & ? from cornwall. Missed BongoLouis and Tattoo Daisy though! Where were you?
Hey you guys we did make it to the wedding but unfortunatley was our grandaughters 1st Bday so had to sort barbie. however will make up for it at some stage... going to woodlands so if your goin see you there.....
Ooh sorry we missed you - look forward to the next time then! Can't believe your second one is already two!
SARAH & LIONEL - I Used to be Citroen 2CV "DOLLY" mad but BONGO-MAD lady with not so mad husband now!
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Well, what can I say, it's all been said already. Lovely weekend, lovely wedding, Susie you looked wonderful, great venue and entertainment, and a great crowd. Thanks Bob and Lyn for thursday evening in your awning, wine, and lots of laughs. Thanks Haydn C. (and Kirstie), for sorting alarm. See some of you at Woodlands, and of course, not forgetting Stourport.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Great set of pictures. You all seemed to have a great time and gave Paul and Sue a really good start to their marriage. All of which makes us all the more upset that we were struck down by flu and were unable to attend.
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
alans00ty5
Bongolier

Post by alans00ty5 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:45 pm

like the man said its all been said,glad you all enjoyed yourselfs.but with bongo people you cant fail to enjoy yourselfs, pat yourself on the back all of you,realy sad we missed it but a there will be many more meets and very soon , all the best to paul and sue have a very happy and long life together.see ya soon, sooty & georgie.
2wd white v6 what alovely mover.
malabar

Post by malabar » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Glad you all had such a good time, and such a good send off for the newly-weds! Thanks for a look at the pics - really nice, and one day we'll put names to you all. Geoff and I made it to Brittany, despite the bug, but you wouldn't have wanted it! This good weather has turned up just at the right time. See you one day. Cheers! Malabar.
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Sorry, hav'ent had time to post till tonight, thanks Paul and Sue for a great weekend, and thanks Haydn and Kirst for the help with the alarm. Will have to put some pic's on tomorrow if i get time, it's getting late for me. See you all soon :wink:

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”