Let me be the first...

Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn 17 to 22 June

Moderator: Ian

Triple/R
Supreme Being

Re: Let me be the first...

Post by Triple/R » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:45 pm

kev&caz wrote:Hi all,
Looking forward to Stourport bash. There is lots of good fishing around our area. Maver Larford always featured in fishing mag’s is about 20mins drive from the campsite lots of other pools in the area. Good canal fishing also about. The River around is also good including Bridge Norh 3/4 hour away. Bewdly and a very nice place in Arley. So bring your rods and get the women off to Merry Hill shopping (3/4 Hr)and you get the day fishing. Fishing in Stourport itself is very hit and miss but where there’s water there’s fish. Catching them is the fun bit.
ATB
Kev :D =P~
Nice one Kev--sounds good make sure i bring my tackle cus i don't fancy the shopping bit :roll:
Ray.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
Matt&JoyBongling
Tribal Elder

Post by Matt&JoyBongling » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:09 pm

kev&caz wrote:Fishing in Stourport itself is very hit and miss but where there’s water there’s fish.

I spent a morning, afternoon & evening missing :(
Underground, Overground, Bongoling Free, the Bonglers of Bedford, common are we ...
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 pm

caz wrote:myself and rooster will be there again this year .. we had a good time last year even though he was busy working with dbo hopfully he will have time to relax this year :) :) :)
If he gets bored..I'm sure I can find him somthing to do... :wink: :wink: :wink:
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Bulwell Bongoleers wrote:Count us in. We'll be there, Team Muz owe us an icecream :lol:
Manda & Andy
Ok, ok, we'll be there. I seem to recall owing Trev01 an icecream as well. With Muzette's dependence on icecream, this could prove an expensive couple of days :roll:
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 am

You'll probably see plenty of cones on the way down there muz... :?
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 pm

we'll be there this year, we missed it last year and I had massive withdrawal symptions
The Janner Vanner
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:29 pm

I don't think I'll bother this year :(

Naaaah, only joking :lol: :lol: Just try & keep me away :D
Good to see you & Roseanne are going this year Dave :D
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Em+Ste

Post by Em+Ste » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:17 pm

we will be there cant wait for a first bongo bash, although we did go last year we didnt own a bongo just came to have a nosey, so this will be our first official bash, please be gentle with us!!!!
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 pm

We'll be there, although not yet sure how many nights - probably Wednesday to Friday nights, subject to being able to get follow on site bookings further down south west. Going to combine bash trip with visiting son in Bristol, visiting son in Devon (if he's not off touring somewhere himself), and grockling in Cornwall and the Scillies.

Should have been in Norway about bash time but my much loved first cousin once removed (my mum's cuz - regarded as our "head of the family") in Trondheim, died last month aged 89, and that has changed our plans. Still have friends and other relatives to get over to see but we'll now wait until 2010, hoping the pound might recover a bit meanwhile, as well as getting my knees sorted as below.

Looks like I'm heading for double knee replacements - next winter, after the Bongo season if I can contive it :lol: - so long distance endurance driving to the sub-arctic is probably not the most sensible thing to do this summer. Have just been referred to an orthopod, so still await the final verdict but I think that's the way it's going. Beware being overweight while young - it buggers the knees later on! Shan't be hot clogging in the band tent this year, I guess :(

Still, I'm sure I can find other mischief to occupy me at Stourport, and we do both look forward to our first bash, and to meeting you all :D
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:41 am

Ron Miel wrote:We'll be there, although not yet sure how many nights - probably Wednesday to Friday nights, subject to being able to get follow on site bookings further down south west. Going to combine bash trip with visiting son in Bristol, visiting son in Devon (if he's not off touring somewhere himself), and grockling in Cornwall and the Scillies.

Should have been in Norway about bash time but my much loved first cousin once removed (my mum's cuz - regarded as our "head of the family") in Trondheim, died last month aged 89, and that has changed our plans. Still have friends and other relatives to get over to see but we'll now wait until 2010, hoping the pound might recover a bit meanwhile, as well as getting my knees sorted as below.

Looks like I'm heading for double knee replacements - next winter, after the Bongo season if I can contive it :lol: - so long distance endurance driving to the sub-arctic is probably not the most sensible thing to do this summer. Have just been referred to an orthopod, so still await the final verdict but I think that's the way it's going. Beware being overweight while young - it buggers the knees later on! Shan't be hot clogging in the band tent this year, I guess :(

Still, I'm sure I can find other mischief to occupy me at Stourport, and we do both look forward to our first bash, and to meeting you all :D
Good luck with the knees. Have you got cruise control fitted, as its great for allowing both knees to get a rest
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:00 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
Ron Miel wrote:We'll be there, although not yet sure how many nights - probably Wednesday to Friday nights.......
>
>
Looks like I'm heading for double knee replacements - next winter, after the Bongo season if I can contive it :lol:..............
>
>
we do both look forward to our first bash, and to meeting you all :D
Good luck with the knees. Have you got cruise control fitted, as its great for allowing both knees to get a rest
Hi Mike. No, we haven't at the moment but that's a good thought. Bongo (and our Note) being auto helps a lot, and at the moment it's my resting left knee which says "stop for a break" first, anyway. Might worsen though, and would be nice to have in any case, so I'll check it out. Next job BTW, is to send Paypal to Haydn for the coolant dye, your replacement and my spare. Thanks/cheers, David

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:25 pm

definitely agree with Mike on that, only takes a couple of hours to fit the Waeco MS-50, one of the best mods I've fitted, My right knee used to be agony after driving more than a couple of hours, even on backroad type driving, if you can use it for a few minutes here & there, it's enough of a break to have a wiggle :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:58 pm

missfixit70 wrote:definitely agree with Mike on that, only takes a couple of hours to fit the Waeco MS-50, one of the best mods I've fitted, My right knee used to be agony after driving more than a couple of hours, even on backroad type driving, if you can use it for a few minutes here & there, it's enough of a break to have a wiggle :wink:
i will let you have a look at my cruise control Kirsty , its never worked. :evil:
same model waeco ms50. (i didnt fit it)
Lost without my Bongo.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:26 pm

missfixit70 wrote:definitely agree with Mike on that, only takes a couple of hours to fit the Waeco MS-50, one of the best mods I've fitted, My right knee used to be agony after driving more than a couple of hours, even on backroad type driving, if you can use it for a few minutes here & there, it's enough of a break to have a wiggle :wink:
Hi Kirsty, and thanks. A nice techie topic to talk about when we see you early next month, then. Still on for that we both hope - will call you during this week to discuss change of venue though, as have since read some not too good things about the pub I mentioned before. Won't clutter up this thread with it.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2009”