Team Muz ‘Bongo Tours’ Phase 4

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Team Muz ‘Bongo Tours’ Phase 4

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am

Zolder, or Circuit Terlaemen as the Smurfs refer to it, is where Clarkson and his merry men finished their last series of Top Gear. It is probably most famous as the place where Gilles Villeneuve was killed during qualifying for the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix, and although the circuit was not to blame for the incident, the Grand Prix was only ever held there once more.

The Zolder 24 hours is the highlight of the Belgian national motorsport season, this event was mostly attended by Belgians, with a few Dutch, German and French as well.

We left home Thursday evening and got to Dover early :shock:

SpeedFerries again for the el cheapo crossing, we got to Zolder around lunchtime Friday

We’ve done this before, so in no time at all we were set up and ready 8)

Campsite electrics looked like something the Smurfs had put together :shock:

You can’t miss on opportunity like this! :D

Open paddock arrangement, Formula One could learn a few things from here :wink:

Gilles Villeneuve memorial

A rare shot with one of the BeerMountain crew in it, more on that later. :(

Some strange entertainment the Smurfs had laid on :shock:

Overnight at the harbour in Boulogne-sur-Mer

Stocking up with cheap booze at the local Édouard LeClerc and, would you Adam & Eve it?

Bongo superb as usual, the only downside to the weekend was that one of our party managed to crash his scooter on Saturday (little foldable petrol scooters for zipping around the site) and was whisked away in an ambulance against his wishes. This was all a bit of a giggle at the time and we went to the hospital on Sunday expecting that he was only in overnight as a precaution, and that we would take him back for the finish. Sadly, when we arrived at the hospital, he has blood on the brain, fractured ribs & shoulder, lovely gravel rash and no prospect of returning home anytime soon, and when he is allowed to leave, he can’t be alone, so someone has to go back to get him. Hopefully he will be raring to go in time for Phase 5 :wink:
Veg_Ian

Re: Team Muz ‘Bongo Tours’ Phase 4

Post by Veg_Ian » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:27 am

Superb pics again Muz. Sorry to hear about your mate and that he recovers soon. I think you should have your own forum on here "The Muzorewa Travel Forum" or similar. It's always a good read.
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:50 am

great read and smashing photos again - I wish that I could "get away" as often as you seem to!!

keep up the grand tour as I enjoy reading of your adventures. Thanks for sharing them with us. =D> =D>
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:27 am

Welcome Home Muz family, love it, great pics. Did you speak to them in the other bongo? hatris
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:59 am

hatris wrote:Welcome Home Muz family, love it, great pics. Did you speak to them in the other bongo? hatris
Does the Muz family have a home? :lol: :lol: They are never there!! ( just me being a bit :mrgreen: as I don't think I will ever get off this Island)

Looks like to had a great trip as always, sorry about your mate though, but at least you now have a good excuse to go over again soon. :D

Keep up the good work. :wink:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 pm

hatris wrote:Did you speak to them in the other bongo? hatris
No, they were still in the supermarket when we left. They were on the same ferry as us as well, but not parked up near :(
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:55 am

Brilliant pics as always Team Muz thanks. Thank god you're all ok too. Very sorry to hear about your mate though, hope he makes a good recovery.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 am

as usual fantastic pics and written commentary. very envious. :oops:
Lost without my Bongo.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:21 am

Update on our Comrade missing in action - he has now been moved to a normal ward and is likely to be released on Sunday. We have an extraction team organised to go once again behind enemy lines and rescue him from the Smurfs. Here is the doctor we were talking to last Sunday.....

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”