Woodlands October 2008

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Re: Woodlands October 2008

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 pm

bongoing-mad-simon wrote:Hi all just to update , the Woodlands adventure park meet is booked for the weekend of October fri 24th - sun 26th . There will be an evening of activities on the Saturday , Fancy dress , apple bobbing , lucky dip, fire pit ,hot chocolate , marshmallows , bring along your own drinks and nibbles .It should be a great weekend, Woodlands has a wide range of adventure play equipment and rides and will (I've been told ) also have Halloween based activities on that weekend ,as it's the first weekend of the half term.

If the weather is good we can start the evening off with a bring your own bbq or if its wet we can have a get together in the games room .
Hope this sounds good to everyone ,any ideas give me a shout ,
There is plenty of room left so anyone who hasn't decided yet ,come on you know you want to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,
the price is £35 for the whole weekend based on up to 5 people,bongo ,awning or caravan,and electric, dogs are welcome and this includes full access to the leisure park on all 3 days.
pitches to be vacated by 6pm on the sunday ,so really is good value :D
see you all soon ........

Fury members that have now booked are as follows
1 bongoing-mad-simon
2 Samuel
3 Suzisu
4 Haydn callow
5 Kernow maid
6 Noodleburgers
7 Richwill
8 Hadyn bessybongo
9 Rooster
10 Violet bongo jo
11 chris&gem
12 BinBongoed
13 bongo friend
14 Welly
15 bongo friend of chris and gem
16 bongotac
17 and 18 bongomad2
19dhz1971
20becks-bongo
there is plenty of time yet to decide if you would like to join us , if your names not down Pm me and I'll send you the payment details ,when I recieve your deposit or payment I'll add you to the booking list ,Thanks....
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:53 pm

updated list above, if you wish to join us please be quick, all bookings need to be in by next week :)
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
muddypaws

Post by muddypaws » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:16 pm

I would love to go, Woodlands is great, went there last year in a tent (wasn't fun in a tent all week in the rain but heyho). Its just a bit of a trek for us with a 2 year old, just for the weekend. (about 6 hours) :(
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi Simon,
Got room fer one more Bongo..?
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Jaylee , yep plenty of room mate ,can accomodate up to 200 :D :D . I'll send you a pm with details , let me know if you then want to be added to the booking.
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:12 am

Hi great news that your joining us at Woodlands Jaylee, also Paulnlol .pm's have been sent also pm receipt sent to bongotac

spaces 21,22,23 paulnlol
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
dhz1971

Post by dhz1971 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:35 am

BONGOTAC wrote:Hi,

Will be our first meet too!! Very exicting and any excuse for a lady to do shopping for fleeces, hats, gloves etc....in my element!!

Just a quick query..I'm sure I have read that Woodlands have a 'dog sitting service' or like whilst you go into the theme park. Is this right?? The children may not forgive the dog if we can't go into the theme park!!

Kate

Hi Kate,

We will be travelling down from Manchester do you fancy a two car convoy? What day and time are you setting off?

Duncan

dhz1971
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Space 24 Jaylee - pm receipt sent
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Fantastic! :D

Great to see Paulnlol coming too..

Whats the crack with the ground sheet policy??
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Not really sure to be honest , they state on the booking form no ground sheets , when we stayed back in May they did provide us all with matting to put down ,which was kind of like agricultural fleece you can just about see it coming out from under my awning in avatar ,guess it's to protect grass die-off :roll: , if you need to put something down in your awning to protect eqpt. etc I wouldn't worry to much about it. :D
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:33 pm

No problem.. I'll bring a trailer full of hardcore, sand & cement. It won't be an issue. :wink:
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 am

nice one :lol: :lol: , especially strange as on taking a closer look at mays photo's we were on hardstanding pitches :roll: :shock: :? :lol: ,however with any luck we will be on the rally field this time and this is probably where there is a no ground sheet policy.

Space 25 bongo friend Paul and Angie
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:39 pm

space 26 Tonybee pm receipt sent :)
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
Becks-bongo

Post by Becks-bongo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Just made a right "plum" of myself trying on the kids halloween costumes in ASDA, Managed to squeeze/force myslef into a witch's outfit which is for a 12 year old! husband was very embarressed :oops: but then it was in the middle of the shop!!

Anyways i hope i wont be the only "grown up" dressing up!!???
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Becks-bongo wrote:Just made a right "plum" of myself trying on the kids halloween costumes in ASDA, Managed to squeeze/force myslef into a witch's outfit which is for a 12 year old! husband was very embarressed :oops: but then it was in the middle of the shop!!

Anyways i hope i wont be the only "grown up" dressing up!!???
No, don't worry! I plan on coming dressed like a Japanese admiral.. my partners dressing like Darth Vader!

... Well, she has a choice... Maybe a shaman monk.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”