blackpool illuminations 18th october daymeet

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Morag
Bongolier

Re: blackpool illuminations 18th october daymeet

Post by Morag » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 am

:shock: Muzette, did she jump or was she pushed? :shock: :)
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:51 am

The poor thing i thing pete snowkiter might be behind this one :lol: :lol:
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Had to post this one first :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jetskier ( Dave ) Caught with his pants down :lol: He just couldnt wait, desperate or What :lol: :lol:

Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Morag wrote::shock: Muzette, did she jump or was she pushed? :shock: :)
She had a fine time playing hide & seek in the dunes with Muz Jr and Emma (DreamWarriorette :? )

The best hiding technique seemed to be to bury yourself in the sand :evil:

I've just spent the morning cleaning sand out of the Bongo :(
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Dont forget guys there is salt in the sand, so make sure you all give your Bongo Wheel arches etc a good swill :wink:
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:02 pm

=D> Really, really enjoyed this meet. Hip, hip, horay to dreamwarrior for organising this.

As we embarked on the M6 up in the distance we saw a familiar site . Our Guardian Angel was in front in the form of a Silver Bongo with a recognisable Bull decal on the rear. As we approached Blackpool we were led to our destination. I'm sure we wouldn't have found it without them :lol:

We were greeted with a hot cup of Coffee on arrival and a really warm welcome by all had arrived. The girls were out and about in the sand dunes. They were lovin it.

Amie then left with Jetskier and co to go and sample the delights of the Pleasure Beach.

As they left a mini convoy then set off for food, toilet and Bingo. What a laff. (I still owe however paid for my parking fee's) I will repay at the next meet I promise. :oops:

Snowkiter and Mae disappeared to the Rock Shop and rejoined the group with the longest, sweetest, sourest candy you have ever, seen or tasted..

Back to base for 7 and ready to fit lights to the Bongo's. What a sight. fantastic. Mr Plod waited patiently for the group to be ready for the off.

The Traffic police made us split from the group line and so had no choice but to pass the few in front of us (sorry :oops: ) We managed to jump infront of the coach eventually he was'nt having any of it. We were watching out for parked vehicles as we passed and then low and behold a horse and cart decided to nearly jump in our boot. I kid you not he was millimeters of my rear door.. :twisted: Cringed as I could not move anywhere. :cry:

Amie was out and about walking up and down the road sides getting some moving footage of the convoy. She had good company with dreamwarriorette (emma), popping back to us from time to time saying she was okay. She was able to jump into their Bongo at the front, jump out and catch us at the back. It worked really well.

The girls were absolutley shattered by the time we got past the Pleasure Beach. So sat nav was engaged. We peeled off unable to say goodbye. We stopped a Mac'd's just before the M55 for the girls and a brew for mum. As we qued we spotted Bulwell Bongoliers passing.

Harry were you okay in the que and did you get back okay? [-o<

All in all, a fantastic day, brilliant people what more can you say.. Role on the next time.

Will post some footage soon.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
Morag
Bongolier

Post by Morag » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:27 pm

'I've just spent the morning cleaning sand out of the Bongo'

Nice :lol:
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Morag wrote:'I've just spent the morning cleaning sand out of the Bongo'

Nice :lol:
Andy has been busy doing the same. It got everywhere in the Bongo.
Manda & Andy
martin craven

Post by martin craven » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Well good afternoon from Martin and Bev to everyone we met for the first time last night. we really enjoyed it. we were trying to remember peoples names but it was all a little overwhelming. so hello to you all. I hope you all Enjoyed our home town. You are right about the sand i'm going to give the bongo a bit of wash off myself shortly and a hoover out as well i suppose. Thats something we get to do almost every day, living here.

Thanks for having a good look under the bonnet for me. or should I say under the seats. I will top up that water / coolant this afternoon.

Just so i've got it right its half water half coolant?

thanks again Martin N Bev
Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Bulwell Bongoleers wrote:Thanks for a great day and such a warm welcome from everyone. We got back to Nottingham just after 1am. Well done Dreamwarrior, what a great turnout! =D> Cant wait to see more pics.
Manda & Andy
Nice to meet you Manda and Andy. :D

Glad you enjoyed the day. We cetainly did, despite the weather being worse than promised. My Hannah went mad for Roulette, having played it for the first time, Neil had a somewhat competitive game of the air-hockey with Lucy, and Lee played a racing game, so all were happy!

A big thanks from me to Dreamwarrior for organising this (and letting us end up at the front, instead of the rear)! :D

Also to AndandDen for supplying oodles of rock and glowsticks to the kids (and dogs?!). :D

Also a pleasure to meet Ian, who was strolling up the promenade as we were in the jam going down. :roll: (Ian, I think you made the right choice to actually see the lights, though it was fun being part of the convoy - must get everyone to ring CB rigs if we do this again :wink: )

And a big than you to Neil for driving back so late. I could not have done it... :P
caz

Post by caz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:33 pm

well what can i say what a great day we had. there was a few of us that went into town for some food and a walk round. then back to the carpark to meet up with the rest.

thanks guys for a top day out
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Few pics. Thanks again all had a really Top Day =D> =D>

amie..x

Post by amie..x » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Thank you mike for a great meet...And letting me ride in your bongo. Me and my mum really enjoyed our self, Mae and Emma got a bit bored of sitting in the car but that's expected :lol:

Pics and video coming very soon busy uploading and making video at the moment. #-o

Thanks to everyone who waved for the video much appreciated, Makes it look like people were having fun while waiting. =D>

Also thanks Emma for keeping me company and feeding me marsh mellows (yummmmm) =D>
amie..x

Post by amie..x » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi gang

Well what a super day out!

Special thanks to Mike & co for setting this up....and it was great to see friends old & new, particularly after such a badly disrupted summer meets season. :lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed the car park, oops sorry convoy, through the lights but the old girl wasn't enjoying the stop start and was getting warm and losing a bit of water so I pulled off a bit early.

Hosted a short lift to this wierd yorkshire hitch-hiker in a blue bobble hat who seemed to know a bit about bongos but he soon jumped out when I told him the next stop would be Grange over Sands. (Nice to see you Ian.):shock:

Piccies are all brill and will keep the memories of this great day out vivid for some time.

Loved the minis....I was chatting to one owner who was wondering if they could get their mini into the back of my van. Talk about carrying a spare????? :roll:

On checking the water level this morning the coolant alarm didn't go off but I did manage to put half a litre in to get it to full. [-o<

thanks again

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”