Welsh Bongo Bash 10 to 12 October

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Re: Welsh Bongo Bash 10 to 12 October

Post by friendeedebs » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:05 pm

The pics are fab, my lads just been looking and persuaded him to go to the next one....
He thinks the bongo made him sick lol
The site was fab...and the water handy and lovely views..and the train running through was quaint
Think we're going to invest in an awning for future trips and hopefully like technophobe get to speak to more people...we just felt like zombies sat morning and didn't want people to think we always smelt of sick lol we've nicknamed it pongo bongo..although all clean and fresh now
Spoke to some nice peeps and didn't catch names...apart from mr Jones who gave us some great tips ta x
Debs
Btw who was it the man on the quad was looking for that drove over his grass??...he was steamin lol [-X
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Great pics guys, lovely to see what was missing! Muz, is it a good tip then that to get the best shot you have to stand in a river, I have noticed this ritual before? ;) I was only at Bala a couple of weeks back, lovely part of the world. Glad to see you all had a good time, hope the little 'uns feeling better now debbiepritch. Hope to be there next time :D
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 pm

debbiepritch wrote: Spoke to some nice peeps and didn't catch names...apart from mr Jones who gave us some great tips ta x
Debs
Mr Jones.....in Wales.....never :lol:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:06 pm

debbiepritch wrote: Btw who was it the man on the quad was looking for that drove over his grass??...he was steamin lol [-X
Errrrr........was it........Mr Jones??? Image

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:27 pm

looks like you had a wonderful time in wales.i(jo)couldnt come cos me bongo was kite buggying on morecambe bay,it had a nice time anyway,me and emma had a girly weekend,dont get many of them,i loved the pictures taken by everyone especially the steam train ones,i love trains,not a train spotter though.i could ride on trains all day everyday.longest time ive been on a train was 15 hours,that was brill,think when i grow up i will be a conducter on a train,
mike, jo and emma
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Great write ups & pics you lot.

=D>

Dunno how we managed to miss this one - it was on the list . . . .

:(

To anyone who went & wants to do it again or - those who didn't get there & wonder what they missed, there's another bash due at the same site in mid March.

Details in the Fancy Meeting Up section.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Bongoplod wrote:
debbiepritch wrote: Spoke to some nice peeps and didn't catch names...apart from mr Jones who gave us some great tips ta x
Debs
Mr Jones.....in Wales.....never :lol:

Brian
Hey we're pritchards leave us welshies alone lol..and the quad man was mr angry lol
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:43 am

Hotpot wrote:Muz, is it a good tip then that to get the best shot you have to stand in a river, I have noticed this ritual before? ;)
Either standing in, or falling in a river is vital for a good pic :?

Then wipe the water off the lens with a soggy T-shirt :|
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Wonderful photos folks, fills me full of hiraeth for my mother country, wish we had been able to join you.
Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”