NW Meets Suggestions Box

Moderator: Muzorewa

Harry
Supreme Being

NW Meets Suggestions Box

Post by Harry » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi all.

This thread isn't meant to be about when and where we meet up or about who organises what.... but is about what we do at meets.

I think that we've evolved a pretty good formula up to now but any constuctive comments or suggestions...positive or negative would be welcome.

I'm not sayaing anyone will take any notice...but you never know. :roll:

cheers

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Re: NW Meets Suggestions Box

Post by maxheadroom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:37 pm

well being from the south when I went to the Cartmel do, the main attraction was the bar :shock:

I'll get me warm coat................
Keep the Faith

Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Please come and join us at a NW Meet....no expensive bar....just a marquee full of booze, food and good company every night. :oops:

H 8)

maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:52 pm

8) I'm packed and ready :lol:
Keep the Faith

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Harry wrote:Please come and join us at a NW Meet....no expensive bar....just a marquee full of booze, food and good company every night. :oops:

H 8)
Seconded.....and Harry for Chairman... =D> =D> =D>

Ps.....We got Pole Dancers too,and our own Bongo Police !!!!!!!!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 am

Ta Brian...I'll bring my own chair...you know the one...with the flip up side table, the wine cooler, the pockets for my mobile phone and ciggies....once I'm settled in nowt will move me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

trekie

Post by trekie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 pm

hi y'all,
is this open to serious sugestions or just various types of drunken debauchery :!: :!: \:D/
perhaps someone could give a quick instructional chat on any subject before the sing-song and booze up.

cheers

alex.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks Alex...yes, serious suggestions very welcome...anything to add interest to a weekend.

We tried out the 'talk' format at Silverdale last October with Torchwood doing a masterclass on fuel economy. I felt it went down very well within a limited & captive audience (about 20 people).
I'm certainly trying to arrange someyhing similar for this year's Silverdale meet...suggestions welcome from anyone???

We also had acouple of improvised sessions...Charity Farm...fitting DBO spoiler, Townley Day Meet in Feb....how to find, remove and check the banjo filter (my van) and at Cartmel with BDC fitting Mountaingoat's bullbars....but a formally announced session is a better bet.

It could become a regular feature of any weekend or day meet and give a little bit of extra interest.

cheers

H 8)

karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:57 pm

various types of drunken debauchery--- surely not. :lol:
sorry no serious sugestions at the moment i know nothing evenly remotely interesting. :oops:
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Cant think of any suggestions to add to the meets. Theyre always good what ever happens :lol: We just go with the flow and enjoy them as its good to catch up and meet with old and new Bongo owners :wink: A big round of =D> =D> who ever organises a meet .
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
heatherpetch

Post by heatherpetch » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:53 pm

I've got me thinking cap on Harry #-o #-o :wink:
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:13 am

there is a sort of suggestion already made, what if someone wants a small job doing on their bongo,(and i dont mean engine changing ,oil drop,coolant change ) you know a small fiddly job or pimp/upgrade, it could be asked on forum if someone could help. depending on what it is and also time to do it ,and weather permitting. the person asking should bring as much stuff to do the job as needed, so no cost to the person helping other than time. now i know this actually goes on at the meets but its usually sorted between close friends , this way on the forum it will get a wider viewing so more people can help.and when the job is being sorted, maybe anyone wanting to do the job themselves can see how to do the same job on their bongo.
Lost without my Bongo.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 am

Great minds think alike Dave (and fools...................................?) :lol:

trekie

Post by trekie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:36 pm

hi y'all,
does anyone want to learn how to read a map :?: or do you all rely on your gloria's to direct you? :lol:

cheers

alex and jan.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:41 pm

I think that arrangements would need to be made well in advance so that the person needing the work done could be told exactly what items they would be required to purchase for the work to be done. The alternative is for the expert to purchase what is required after discusing the nature of the work with an agreement that the person having the work done will re-emburse him when the job is done.
Problem will be in getting exceptionally generous people like bigdaddycain and roosterUk to accept payment for the items they have purchased themselves.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “North West”