Scottish Bongo Bash (23 to 26 May 2008) Linnhe Lochside

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Scottish Bongo Bash (23 to 26 May 2008) Linnhe Lochside

Post by Ian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Tickets for this event will go on sale Thursday 7 February at 9.30am. Telephone bookings only on 0114-2376627. Please have your membership number and vehicle registration handy. There are 30 pitches available, all with electric hook-up. Further details here:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... tm#rallies

If there is enough interest we will arrange a trip on the Fort William to Mallaig railway. You will be asked about this when making a booking.

See you there!
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Leon King

Post by Leon King » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 am

I would recommend that train trip to anyone, the scenery is stunning.
Mallaig is a bit of an anti-climax though.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:55 am

We are hoping to come down for a wee flying visit. If I remember to do so, :roll: I will, closer to the time contact the site to see if thats ok.

It would be nice to put some faces to names. I will keep an eye on this thread, especially about the train ride, as I don't want to turn up to an empty campsite. :lol:

Hope to see you all there. :D
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:41 am

Definitely up for the train ride, done it before but June has not. Great to sit on your arse looking at the beautiful countryside and picking off the Munros that I spent much blood, sweat and tears climbing years ago as I the wizz by on this old puffer.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm hoping to be up for the Scottish BF Bash though we'll probably camp at Newtonmore and drive over for an afternoon / evening visit as I don't think I can sell the trip to my youngsters on the basis of wall 2 wall Bongo Bash - they want to be out doing stuff with Dad aand loved where we camped last time. The rail trip sounds great though. Could kill two birds with one stone there (kids watch mountains, I attempt to watch mountains but end up blathering on about Bongos as usual :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Then back to BF camp for beer and hot dogs before heading back to Newtonmore 8)

Just hope the weather forecast is OK. We came up despite terrible forecast last time and it was 'challenging' with 3 newbies to camping. I've promised them I won't do that again :oops:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 pm

21 pitches sold, 9 to go.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi brorabongo as for faces to see, well theres daveblueozzie, dabs and bigdaddycain all booked in for fort william. and then off to the western isles (lewis) to visit for 5 days.
Lost without my Bongo.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Ian wrote:21 pitches sold, 9 to go.
Wow, thats good going, is'nt it?
daveblueozzie wrote:Hi brorabongo as for faces to see, well theres daveblueozzie, dabs and bigdaddycain all booked in for fort william. and then off to the western isles (lewis) to visit for 5 days.
Don't worry, I know what to expect, as I've seen photos of you lot on here. :shock: :lol:

Hope to see you all there, and maybe you and your family too Mike, if your making a quick visit aswell.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Booked in for Fort William as well as you lot, and for the puffer trip. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ May be in the Western Isle later in the year for a JMT workparty on Lewis. Now you lot behave yourself when you are over there, they are nice people even though most of them speak a funny language.
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:21 pm

As Leon says, Malaig is a bit of a disappointment but the train trip could be tied up to a half hour sail to Skye.............

http://www.calmac.co.uk/summer-timetabl ... madale.gif
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Rhod
Tribal Elder

Post by Rhod » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Working most of that weekend :cry:
But if anyone fancies coming along to the Firetower BikeFest at Lochgilphead on the Saturday they'll be more than welcome :)
Rhod
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:40 am

Have been looking at the Jacobite steam train timetabe and there seems to be a bit of a problem. We can only go on the Monday as the steam train does not run at weekends during May. Also the ferry to Skye that would tie in with the steam train does not sail during May. Therefore boat and train can only be done using the local diesel railcar which is not the same.
I can't find anything in the time table about the steam train running during the May bank holiday weekend which is surprising.

http://www.steamtrain.info/
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 am

Damn! I, too, had assumed it would run on a Bank Holiday Saturday. The only other option is the 1221 normal service from Corpach, arrives 1330 Malaig. Departs 1610 from Mallaig, arrives Corpach 1722.
Leon King

Post by Leon King » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:18 am

Ian wrote:Damn! I, too, had assumed it would run on a Bank Holiday Saturday. The only other option is the 1221 normal service from Corpach, arrives 1330 Malaig. Departs 1610 from Mallaig, arrives Corpach 1722.
I'm sure that's the one we had to get in January, if you're hungry when you arrive you'd better head straight to one of the few eating joints or you'll be at the back of a long que, and the next train back is that 1610.
Also most places seemed to be closed at lunchtime, but then it was January.
patnben
Bongolier

Post by patnben » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:28 am

:D

As I have booked for this years Scotland Bash, I thought
I might post a slide show of a day out from this site I
made a couple of years ago. If any one is interested, it's
available from the following link.

http://www.patnben.com/scotshow/scotland.htm

This does require a broad band connection and installing
a plugin called "Photodex Presenter", if you don't already
have this installed it's similar to the Flash Player but
smaller and only runs when you display a Photodex slide show.

It's not a great production and you may hate the music, but
it may encourage someone to book for the Bash.

:D

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”