galileo has been stolen!!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 pm

trekie wrote:- to cut a long story short, the police cant confirm that it was galileo as there were no plates on it however they were found nearby. the wreck is at a garage who are looking for a chassis no. to confirm ownership.
Alex,sorry to hear the bad news.

Make sure the police i/d the Bongo as definitely yours,by the chassis number.

One of the tricks car thieves use to "ring" a car (never seen it done with a bongo,usually BMWs or the like) is to steal one in good nick,and buy the same tatty/damaged model from a scrapyard or breaker.The good one is duly reported stolen by the owner,and the thieves hide it in a lock up.

After a few days they take the one bought from the breakers and set it on fire so its completely burnt out,but leave the vrm plates nearby ,to be
found by police,who MAY THEN update the Police NationalComputer that the stolen one has been found,and remove the "stolen" record from the computer.The owner informs ins co,who update their records and the
thief,after a few weeks can obtain a new logbook and vrm plates (with ease). ands can then sell on the stolen car which has no police /insurance records attatched to it.

A lot of cops, when finding burnt out cars with numberplates left nearby' are wise to this and will make sure the chassis numbers are verified.
BUT NOT ALL ,AND SOME VEHICLES GET THROUGH THE NET and are taken off the stolen list.

Hope you get it all sorted

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
the-bongo-mongo

Post by the-bongo-mongo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:45 pm

also, the up side to this is that they have actually found it soon. it could have taken the insurers a lot longer if it never turned up ! they usually dont agree to pay out for at least 6 weeks after it went missing, leaving you in limbo ! and also, if someone stole mine and it was insured, i wouldnt want it back !
trekie

Post by trekie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:46 am

hi y'all
the police sgt i spoke to said the recovery garage will search for the chassis no. to verify that it was galileo so i am now waiting to hear from them. ive not heard anything from the insurers since we reported the theft but i will wait until i get the confirmation before contacting them again.
the bad thing is that, the place where galileo was torched is on my route to work :cry: so i pass the place twice a day.

cheers

alexand jan
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 am

I missed your last post Alex and Jan so didn't read the bad news. I'm so very sorry. It is terrible to think of a Bongo being so wilfully and casually set on fire like that, let alone one that is someones pride and joy. I despair sometimes.

Anyway, its draw a line and move on time. As before, if I can help in any way then just shout.

OK chaps, gather round. The mission is to find GalileoII for A&J in time for the summer season. Tally Ho!
8)
trekie

Post by trekie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:00 pm

hi mike,
thanks for the sentiment :lol: much appreciated.
jan and i have been peeking at a few possible substitutes(never a replacement in our hearts) and at the prices. out of the settlement we will need to buy the van and pay for any upgrades ie. alarms, cloak, quantrum torpedoes etc, i was planning on getting a towbar this year too. we dont want another green van as this would be too spooky :twisted: oh well, lets see what comes up.

cheers

alex and jan
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:16 pm

As I think someone hinted at earlier,
I would start looking at the scumbag that was caught and prosecuted for the broken window earlier in the year.
that sounds a bit revengeful to me and it could be worth letting the police know about the "previous" on the matter.
They might be pleased to have a reason to interview someone about it.
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

galilio has been stolen

Post by You've Been Bongod » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:47 pm

trekie wrote:hi mike,
thanks for the sentiment :lol: much appreciated.
jan and i have been peeking at a few possible substitutes(never a replacement in our hearts) and at the prices. out of the settlement we will need to buy the van and pay for any upgrades ie. alarms, cloak, quantrum torpedoes etc, i was planning on getting a towbar this year too. we dont want another green van as this would be too spooky :twisted: oh well, lets see what comes up.

cheers

alex and jan

alex and jan when you get offered anything from insurance dont accept there first offer as they always offer a lower than market value price , then do some checking around and see what it will cost you to replace it with all the items that went with it like awning and so on

when you get a new bongo i can get you a COBRA CAT ONE alarm and immobilizer fully fitted and a central locking remote fitted for £300 if thats any help to you

you've been bongod

Return to “North West”