My Year

Moderator: Muzorewa

roosteruk

My Year

Post by roosteruk » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:04 am

Well It was good and bad.

January: Not much happened, but I didn't know what was to follow?

February: B/Day, 41 Years Old and been packed in smoking for 1 year.

March: Cancelled holiday due to bad weather reports, ended up being a scorcher.

April: Got a new job offer, only to have my boss offer me the world and promotion.

May: Dad tool Ill while I was on holiday on the 5th, he spent his 66th Birthday the 12th in a coma, looking good when he came round a couple of days later, then on the 23rd 11 days later, a damn infection whisked him out of our lives for good.
Me and brother talked for first time in 12 years, I hated the reason for getting us together, but Thanks Dad.

June: Dad's funeral. I carried for the first time. We went all out for Dad, we had a vintage Rolls Hearse and got a bloke on a 1950's Triumph to lead the way, God I was happy for that in a funny way.

July: Promotion sorted, nice pay rise and new title.
I am now a senior Installation Technician...whoo hoo...and team leader.

August: Got my mortgage sorted

September: Priority.....Bongo. Building work started.

October: 1st Bongo meet, Silverdale as a day visitor.
Holiday darn sarf with Caravan and Bongo. Me Caz, Daughter Sara and Son Andrew....we also took Mum, had a nice time.

November: Got to know more peeps from BF and strike up some great friendships.

December: 1st Caz's B/Day and guess what, 1st Bongo meet stop over at Buxton. What a great time.
Oh yeah...I joined an internet game site tonight, free, and won £100.00 within 20 minutes....I hope that's the start of things to come?

The year has had its up and downs. But as for my Dad's passing, I remember the good times and how much of a joker he was. I move on, but don't forget. Love and miss you Dad, wherever you are.

Karl

Happy New Year Everyone.

Karl, Caz, Derek, Gary, Barry, Peter, Antony, Sara, Andrew, Kirtsy.
Holly the Jack Russel.
Bobby the Parrot
and (2 turtles)

waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:15 am

Do you mind if i share your year too Karl?, got a feeling this is going to be a good year for me too., dont want to think about 2007, it was a totally shit year for me. :wink:
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:42 am

Rooster like me up and down, as long as you have more ups than downs life is good.

Enjoy 2008 and only look back at 2007 with a smile :)
Keep the Faith

jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:58 pm

always remember the good times karl and wayne,
and always remember there will be more and more as life goes on

best wishes for the new year

dave,bev + 4
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:49 pm

Well lets hope we all have a great 2008, Lets hope Galileo returns soon and the meets are as good as last Years :wink: Best wishes to you all from Pegleg and Co :lol:
Image Pete
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:43 pm

Happy New Year Karl and thanks for sharing your 2007 with us. Sorry to hear about your Dad - I know how it feels (cripes I'm a Dad and I'm 56 next year - makes me realise how mortal we all are). 2006 was my crap year with my dear Mum dying on march 6th and my wifes Mum on March 7th just as I returned home from being with my Mum. Add to that a bullying boss at work who made my life hell (I'm still fighting to get my record cleared) and drove me off work with stress and it was a truly awful year. Somehow, someone was looking down on me though and I spotted the Mazda Bongo and, with the money my Mum had left me, bought one. As a result 2007 has been much better year. The Bongo, and the folk in BF, have given me a huge lift through all the troubles and I've met a load of new people I'd never have dreamt I'd meet this time last year. I know my Mum is looking down and would thoroughly approve of the Bongo adventure (cheers Mum).

Well, better dash. Off to do a news Years Eve gig in a bit. Cheer everyone up with a load of introspective acoustic songs and C&W :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets all have a great 2008 everyone. Hope Galileo is found, Waynes new Bongo gets him and his family back in action, coolant systems behave etc. etc. Best wishes to Mr & Mrs Bongomeister, without whom we wouldn;t have this great club, and to the moderators for all their hard work.

See you at a Bongo meet in 2008

Mike 8)
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:45 pm

My year....pretty average EXCEPT that the NW/Yorkishire bongo crew (and honorary members) has has become an amazing new gang of friends and has definitely made 2007 a year full of happy and hilarious memories.

Thanks a million to you all and here's to 3008.

cheers

H
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:19 pm

Happy new year to everyone in bongoland.
As for my year ,this has been the most interesting fun filled year Ive had since i was in my teens and that's a few years ago.( no comments please).
I have met the most unusual bunch of nutters in the whole of Britain and now i feel that i actually fit in to some kind of category (please don't tell me which ).
I have met and made friends with more people this last year than any other time in my life, i chat to people on the forum, sometimes agree sometimes don't agree with them , but always enjoy the chat.
And the people i have met at the meets are the friendliest people i know.
I know more about this vehicle we call the bongo than any other vehicle that I've ever owned, I've done jobs on the bongo i would never dream of doing or even attempting on another engine, I've never known where the engine was on my other vehicles because i was not interested, as long as it started and kept going i was happy.
I have done a little pimp my ride here and there as well, i have spent more time effort and money on this bongo than any other vehicle and not regretted the time money or effort doing it.
And most of all i come back to the friends and people i have met through having this vehicle. I hope i will be able to keep up with you lot and all the meets and hope everyone has a wonderful year ahead of them.
Lost without my Bongo.
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:31 pm

I must admit that I have met many special people on my travels over the past three years..........BUT the North West / Yorkshire gang are VERY special people..........long may we reign....good luck to you all....Alan & Dee
Last edited by alant54 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan...still plodding on....!
roosteruk

Post by roosteruk » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:21 pm

So many true words there gang.
Thanks for the sentiments too, but I will let you into a little secret. I know my Dad will be watching down and laffing at me, he had loads of little gadgets and gizmos, but the bugger hid em....wait till I find some of em.

I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous 2008.
Have a good time, be safe and see you all next year.

Karl and Krew.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:01 pm

roosteruk wrote:I know my Dad will be watching down and laffing at me, he had loads of little gadgets and gizmos, but the bugger hid em....wait till I find some of em.
And that's how it should be dude. I KNOW their happiness is, was and always will be in seeing you getting out there and carrying on doing the stuff they loved to do. They don't want us moping about.

Have a Great 2008

Mike 8)

PS - can only re-echo what Harry and DBO said above. I've found all Bongo owners to be an amazing bunch and have made friends all over the UK, in Russia, Bulgaria, NZ, Phillipines, France, Spain. I could not have imagined this a year ago. The crucial role of the internet in all of this cannot be ignored. :lol:
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:03 pm

We are really looking forward to 2008 too.

2007 has been a difficult year. Hubby took redundancy in April and has only just secured his new job to start on Monday. I spent most of the year chasing the professionals for a diagnosis for pain I have had for the last 5 years. We lost a very old and close friend to a car accident in October and we still can't beleive it - she was only 35!

We are looking forward to a new start - a new job, managing the pain now we know what it is and that it isn't going to be the end of me, being able to get on with all the things that we had to put on hold last year and lots and lots of happy bongoing with old and new friends :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Good luck MC and all the best for 2008. Me and my family have been through the redundancy bit. Not fun at all. The irony is I now have a job I should feel lucky to have as it is - in theory - secure, but its like being in a mental institution and I wish I wasn't there - except the memory of being out of work reminds me to 'get a grip'.

Whatever happened to the free world, where we made things and provided services people wanted yet had some prospect of our businesses not collapsing (or is it driven under by parasites and red tape).

I'll stop now 8)
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Oh 2007. A really bad year for us too. But in August, all changed.. Bongo came to me by fluke. I wanted her 18 months earlier but, she was out of my families affordability realms. Bought her from a BF member in the same town who told me all about you. She even gave us the 1st basic kit to go camping (only for 1 night in Buxton) what a weekend. The Bongo was perfect and gave the family a boost ,a much needed boost to spend time together out and about.

Thank you to Gail and Hubby for selling her to us.

Thankyou to the Club for giving us a laugh a purpose to make plans and have fun in 2008

Happy New Year to you all. Good Health cause that's all we really need...

Thank you
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"

Return to “North West”