Lymington

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:31 am

:lol: Funny enough Greenman, its only a 5 minute walk from the swings (if you know how :twisted: )
or a 10 minute drive in a Bongo. (but it is hidden :wink: )

See you all soon CrAzY.
cheers! party on dudes.
greenman
Bongonaut

Post by greenman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:12 am

Hi folks.

I guess I am not the only one who is waching the weather forecast with increasing despair.
There seems to be wall to wall rain forecast for friday and saturday.
My main concern is over putting my awning tent up for the first time in rain (and probably wind)
Of course, putting up the roof will be a no-no, too!(mine isnt covered)
I can see us just using the Bongo for sleeping etc and going with the flow.
Any thoughts?

greenman
Josh N Sarah
Bongolier

Post by Josh N Sarah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:20 am

We're thinking of not bringing our awning cos of the weather as well. Theres only the two of us and leaving it at home will give us extra space anyway. We went to the Isle of Wight last month for five days. It rained on most of them so we never put the roof up and managed ok :o
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:49 pm

I have arranged for the weather to be as follows:

Friday, prolonged rain, easing in the evening
Saturday. Sunny intervals, but windy.
Sunday. Warm & sunny.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 pm

I sympathise greenman, had to do a fair bit of that myself this 'summer'. But it will be OK, and anyway I thought it was more sunshine and showers this weekend? Makes a big difference as all you really need is 'windows' of sunshine to (rapidly) dry the tenting before putting it away, and to avoid loading stuff in the rain. But whatever you do:

1) Keep stuff organised (put things back where they belong immediately after use) or you'll end up in a mess.

2) Dont put clothes, towels etc. on the groundsheet (see (4)) below

3) Dont take stuff packed in cardboard boxes. They always get wet somehow and disintegrate.

4) Keep your ground sheet (if it is not a sewn in one) well inside the tent as otherwise any water that gets onto it runs quietly all over the place wetting stuff thats nowhere near where it came in, and you dont know till you lift e.g. your clothes of the floor

5) When its time to pack up, think hard about how to gather things, ready and packed, in the awning. Then get the Bongo ready to receive them (clear out junk etc.). Then put everything in that you can, taking the awning down last.

6) Be proud, and cheer yourself up, with the thought that you've managed the worst of weathers and survived. Many (un)lucky people dont get to do this for years after they start camping. Things can only get better (or you'll get so good at handling bad weather it wont matter, and bad weather doesnt bring the crowds out+++ and the landscapes look and the air feels much fresher in showery weather+++)

...sorry if you know all this - better said twice than not at all. The reason I'm prompted to write it is I have just been learning all this (and still am) the hard way myself. Still got a way to go on getting stuff organised.

Have a great time

Mike
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:53 pm

:roll: I`ve got to go along with the BongoMaster on this one :arrow:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3471
But never fear anyhow :twisted: there`s nothing the weather can throw at us, that a few Ciders and good company can`t put right :P ,
I know that for a fact, I`ve been to a enough meets and festivals in my time 8) :wink:
cheers! party on dudes.
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 pm

Just a thought - is the site at the top of a hill - or at the bottom with a river running by :?: , if so pack your inflatable rafts too :lol: :lol: And don't forget your wellies. Who cares about the weather - they've been wrong with the forecast for the last couple of weekends down our way anyway :lol:

Mrs. D
MikeFA

Post by MikeFA » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Hello Fellow Bongonauts

Just to let you all know I have volunteered to be a First Aider for the weekend, I am not too sure which pitch I am on yet but I know we have electric hook up! I will have a first aid sign outside of my tent.

When you arrive Ian or Graham will tell you where I am (hopefully.... :) )

See you all there!

Mike
Josh N Sarah
Bongolier

Post by Josh N Sarah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Good advice Mikeonb4c, seem to have been there done all those ourselves :oops:
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:19 pm

:D Cheers MikeFA, I was informed by Ian that you had kindly put forward, your services as First Aider, it is much appreciated by all I`m sure. (FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL LYMINGTON BOUND BONGOS) I have been told by the site that there are a couple of Thursday arrivals happening, I myself will be there early Friday morning to get the site formation sorted (I cannot stand messy Bongo layouts :wink: )
The field we are taking over for the weekend is the playing field (swings and all :P ) It would be a good idea, if you arrive early, to start pitching up going anti clockwise as you enter the field parking against the fences (if you haven`t booked a Hook up) if you have got a hook up, proceed down the road to the next gate (do not go through it), then pull up on the right side of the road on the grass, and then work anti clockwise as this will be the hook up area. After we have completed a full Western style circle (most of us I would think), we can then begin an inner Magic circle :shock: nearest the Band marquee (help erecting this Friday is obligatory, by order of the BongoMaster)
Hope this is all as clear as day as I`m now off for a CIDER :P
SEE YOU ALL SOON
CrAzY.
cheers! party on dudes.
greenman
Bongonaut

Post by greenman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Clear as mud Crazy!
Oops, I should not have said mud!!!

I will turn up about 12noon on Friday and do as I am told!!

As for the weather?
Well, I have just seen the severe warnings on the Beeb!
I will take my new awning, bu be prepared to leave it in its bag!!!

Lets have fun, eh?

We have friends with a permanent mobile home,VERY close to Hurst View. BUT, we will see it out in the rain with everyone else

greenman
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm

I will be arriving saturday lunch time ish

save me a space
MikeFA

Post by MikeFA » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Thats OK Graham, I will come and find you and say Hello at some point once we have finished setting up on Friday!

Cheers

Mike
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:10 pm

We're not likely to be there before mid-afternoon, and the weather forecast doesn't look good for a speedy journey. See you all tomorrow.

Mrs. D
Josh N Sarah
Bongolier

Post by Josh N Sarah » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:09 pm

I must be mad, just been washing the Bongo in the rain. It wasn't raining when I started but had to carry on as had only washed one side of it! Is Josh's fault as he wouldn't do on the weekend as said it had to be done the night before the meet :roll:

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”