Lymington

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:12 pm

It's a 5 hour drive for us, so we will be there about 2pm.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:16 pm

We're running out of time to do everything that we need to do tonight and I said I needed to clean the Bongo and Dago said "do it in the morning" - has he seen the weather forecast?

Mrs. D
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:14 am

I may or may not get there this weekend as my car still broke.

So if I don't get there thats why :x
Last edited by westonwarrior on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:50 am

Just about to be collected from work by Mrs D and set out for the Bash!
Hope weather improves the further West we get. All you travelling today, best wishes for a safe journey and look forward to seeing you later.

Crazy - get that Zider flowing!!
MikeFA

Post by MikeFA » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:39 am

I am about 30 mins from New Forest and its not nice weather here but hopefully cheer up soon!

Safe journey everyone!
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Recently got home and a good evening we had too.

Sorry I have no pics but others took plenty.

However the weather was mostly good, the band great ,the company excelent as usual.

Was just what I needed after a dificult week or 2
Thanks to all who organised, helped, turned up.

I'm already looking forward to the next one.
Gungadon

Lymington

Post by Gungadon » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Hope everyone has had a safe journey home. As always met some lovely people. Thanks to Ian and everyone who organised it and looking forward to Looe in September. (Ian - Rosie is sorry she had a go at you!)

Shirley and Don
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Well we defied the weather and had another great weekend :lol: Friday there were some interesting cloudbursts but on the whole, given the state of the rest of the country, we were very lucky.

Don't know how many turned up but there was a big field full of Bongos:

Great band
Who played on even when the skies got black
and there was a rush to erect gazebos
But the band played on and the rain gave up
Great walks and scenery
Ziggy took a fancy to Crazy's socks
The sun did shine long enough to down a few glasses of wine
And there's always someone for whom one glass is not enough :roll: :lol:

Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Mrs. D
MikeFA

Post by MikeFA » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:34 pm

We had a brill time, the whole weekend was really nice, met loads of new people, look forward to cornwall South West Bongo Fest! I also managed to have a little chat with his majesty Bongo Master Ian on the walk and we were discussing who is the Bongos arch enemy was, anyone want to suggest some candidates?

Mike :D
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Nice pic's Dago, one of those underwater camera's :wink:
MAXANDPADDY

Missed out this time, but Looe here we come.

Post by MAXANDPADDY » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:16 pm

We only adopted our Bongo two weeks ago, and could'nt get out of work commitments in time for Lymington. However we only live up the road in Christchurch, and Ian said it would be OK to just pop in on Sunday morning. Well what a friendly and helpful lot you turned out to be,(a little strange also), but then we'll probably fit right in. Got loads of help and advice for awnings, conversions etc, and were very sad that we'd obviously missed a great weekend, despite the weather. Nice to have met some of you, and hope to meet some more of you soon.
Thanks Lloyd [/quote]
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi to all we met on our first Bongo outing....

Great weekend and great company despite me being c**p at remembering names.

Mrs Bungle was very impressed with the band and despite her original scepticism about going to the meet she is actually now quite looking forward to going to the Cornwall weekend :lol:

Hopefully some of the enhancements ( :idea: ) to our home conversion of Bungle will be completed by then :roll:

Paul & Diane
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
Bongomatic

Post by Bongomatic » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:22 pm

I popped in at the camp site on Saturday afternoon on my way back from shopping with the family (wasn't able to stay long, one of the kids was a bit off colour) to see the gathering.

I managed to find Ian, and say hello to him, having recognised him fom a photo online, fame eh? :D

The sight of all those bongos (as well as the ones in the car park in town) gladdnened the heart of an aspiring owner whose proposed Bongo is still onthe high seas for another month.

Nice to see awnings in action, it was quite breezy, and reinforced our feelings about getting a Khyam Motordome.

Thanks for the inspiration, and hope to see you at a gathering in the near future
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Another great Bongoing weekend. First time we have had rain like that though. Quite exciting really. The water buffalo behind us were very well behaved.

Enjoyed meeting old and new. A really freindly bunch again. What a lovely club we belong to.

Looking forward to looe now.
"Living the Dream"
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:44 pm

:D BIG HELLO to all that made the Lymington Bash, sorry its a bit late but I`ve been very busy unloading the Bongo and packing the cases ready for Italy Friday (I know lifes hard :P ) Anyho,
Firstly a big thanks to New Forest Cider, Red Wine and stella for a great weekend and secondly thanks to Ian / Marrianne, MikeFA (First Aid), Jamie & his band (excellent) and Ziggy (for destroying my socks)
Also a big thankyou to all those who assisted with the marquee & the smooth running of the event, including the staff of the camp who couldn`t do enough for us
Cheers one and all, speak to you again in a couple of weeks 8) I`M OFF :arrow: \:D/
cRaZy & Kerry
cheers! party on dudes.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”