What a difference!

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: What a difference!

Post by Bongolia » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:rear heater and side to top roof vent ducting maybe affects the offside by keeping it dry.
Yes that may have a bearing on it although I would have expected that to create more condensation than less.
I have a run planned for Tuesday I will stick a thermometer on either side and compare the temperatures I also have a moisture data logger somewhere if I can find it I will stick that up there too.
Meanwhile it seems with the forums help the image uploading thingy may well be resolved.
:P [-o< [-o<
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 pm

On my list for Santa is an Ebay endescope camera thing!

Are there any sensible places up top that are easy to get to, without moving too much.
I was thinking the front interior lights, the rear door light and the rhs round cover (roof plug)
the door pillars I cant think of a place.
any other obvious places it too late to think of.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:52 pm

I'd not be wishing for an endescope for Christmas. :shock:

Likely make your eyes water. :?
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:30 pm

its the powder and enema and concequences that make the eyes water.
and the " "
3 seconds from enema to evacuation
you really need to know friend or enema
the endescope up doesnt hurt at all (the injection my boy ).
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Ah, yes.

Someone close to me has told me this is all correct. :shock:
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:44 am

As to the temp reading in the roof sections I didn't get to do it as I couldn't find the probes. :oops:
the1andonly wrote:On my list for Santa is an Ebay endescope camera thing!
Are there any sensible places up top that are easy to get to, without moving too much.
I was thinking the front interior lights, the rear door light and the rhs round cover (roof plug)
the door pillars I cant think of a place.
any other obvious places it too late to think of.
I dropped the cab headlining on the ones I looked at . Not that difficult to do. From there you can access all the roof channels and the roof side gutters, screen pillars etc. the USB camera I have is about 20 feet long and I store it on a cine reel.
A tip I would give is to mark the camera at 1 foot intervals with insulating tape then you can get an idea of where the camera is. When you view the image on the phone it is a bit strange as you have no real way of knowing which way up is up. :)
As to the rest of the sections there are lots of bungs all over the van. A useful couple are in the rear wheel arch on the forward section, these will allow access to the rear heater housing and those pesky stringers, bit fiddly.

As for the sills there are large 25mm bungs all along the inner sill and the front wheel housing and A pillar base can be viewed through the bung holes behind the front wheel.
Front chassis legs can be accessed through the vent holes by the Macpherson struts. Run camera towards the rear of the van. it is here that several chassis components meet and I have noticed corrosion here on the vans.

If you want to check out the rear D pillar trumpets then you need to know there are two layers and if you want to look at the inner layer you will need to remove the rear bumper and drill a couple of 10 mmm holes you can just about get the camera in there but it is very tight. If you decide to do that it would be worth shooting some waxoyl in there as it corrodes pretty badly here.
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:32 am

Bongolia
thanks for the info
having previously bought a trumpet cleaning brush ( recommendation on this site) to clean out the front wing to door cavity i will be buying a camera if not delivered on 25th dec and doing this in January.
any other ideas i could put in my letter to santa

ps I like the fact that you are an imperial man
Me metric through and only drink 568ml at a time.

Return to “Bongo Chat”