Eastnor Castle Deer Park Fri 27 - Sun 29 September 2013

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Eastnor Castle Deer Park Fri 27 - Sun 29 September 2013

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks everyone for updating the list. I’ll contact the Castle with the list now as I’m off to Cornwall this morning for a week. I would be grateful if you would please let me know which nights you are planning to stay so I can be prepared. Pay me on arrival please (£6.50 per night per pitch).

A reminder that the meet is from Friday to Sunday mainly but you can stay till Monday if you wish, that’ll be the last day the Deer Park is open for camping this season. The only facilities are drinking taps, grey taps and somewhere to dump your business! On the plus side, it’s a wonderful place to camp, with wonderful walks around the Deer Park, up onto the southern end of the Malverns, into Ledbury (circular) where there’s some nice pubs and Eastnor Castle itself. Firepits and BBQ’s off the ground are OK but no ground fires at all please. I’m planning to bring my firepit and Bob will bring his Ozpig, so please do bring some logs to burn and join us around the fires – as the ducks did last year!

The deer are not loose in the deer park, so well-behaved dogs do not need to be on a lead on the campsite. The deer are in separate enclosure but you can usually use the footpaths to go and see them if you wish. They are a grand sight.

Eastnor Castle allow well-behaved dogs inside the Castle – I don’t know anywhere else that allows that! Feels very strange, walking up the grant staircase with a dog!

You’ll be welcome to join us on the circular walk to Ledbury and back on the Saturday, incorporating a lovely pub (that does good food) in the centre and the Saturday market. Real ale and all that! Note: there are no buses to my knowledge to come back on !
So far:

1. Jillygumbo BF, CC, WC, SM (firepit)
2. Bob – BF (ozpig)
3. Muzorewa BF
4. New Forest Terrier BF
5. Caz CC WC SM
6. Moonshadow WC
7. Karen1910 + 1 WC
8. Cas SM
9. Jo123 + 1 CC
10. Davey WC
11. Minisorella WC
12. Adycol WC
13. Redted WC
14. Redzebrahove (Neil & Sheila) BF
15. Jen (Bob’s mate) BF
16. BongoBaz BF
17. Karenw SM
18. MaryMary CC

BF - Bongo Fury; CC - Combicampers; WC - Wild Camping; SM - Small Motorhomes
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Me and Su will be staying Friday/Saturday and Sunday nights, please.

Jen hopes to come but her son is moving house in the near future so if it is that w/e she will have to baby sit. :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone. :D
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks everyone for updating the list. I’ve updated the Castle with the numbers – 22 on the list so far, that’s fantastic.

I would be grateful if you would please let me know which nights you are planning to stay so I can be prepared. Pay me on arrival (£6.50 per night per pitch) and bring the right change please.

A reminder:
The meet: Friday to Sunday 27 to 29 September - but you can stay till Monday if you wish, that’ll be the last day the Deer Park is open for camping this season.
Facilities: drinking taps, grey taps and somewhere to dump your business!
Allowed: firepits and BBQs off the ground, well-behaved dogs
Walking: it’s a wonderful place to camp, with great walking around the Deer Park, up onto the southern end of the Malverns, into Ledbury (circular) where there’s some nice pubs, and Eastnor Castle itself.

The deer are not loose in the deer park, so well-behaved dogs do not need to be on a lead on the campsite. The deer are in separate enclosure but you can usually use the footpaths to go and see them if you wish. They are a grand sight.

Eastnor Castle will allow well-behaved dogs inside the Castle – I don’t know anywhere else that allows that! Feels very strange, walking up the grant staircase with a dog!

You’ll be welcome to join us on the circular walk to Ledbury and back on the Saturday, incorporating a lovely pub (that does good food) in the centre and the Saturday market. Real ale and all that! Note: there are no buses to my knowledge to come back on!

So far:

1 Jillygumbo BF CC WC SM Fri 2 firepit
2 Panda Bob BF Fri 3 ozpig
3 Muzorewa BF
4 New Forest Terrier BF
5 Caz CC WC SM
6 Moonshadow WC
7 Karen1910 WC
8 Cas SM
9 Jo123 CC
10 Davey WC Fri 3 gazebo
11 Minisorella WC
12 Adycol WC
13 Redted WC
14 Redzebrahove BF
15 Jen (Bob's mate) BF
16 Bongobaz BF
17 Karenw SM
18 MaryMary CC
19 Bob & Lin BF
20 Haydn BF
21 Mudandsmoke WC Fri 2 firewood
22 Compassrose SM Fri 3

Please let me know your real names (if you haven’t already) and any pets you’ll be bringing along. Please also let me know if you planning to bring anything to share, eg gazebo, firewood, so we’ve got an idea of what’s still needed. I won’t include all the information in the list but it’s helpful to know names.

BF - Bongo Fury; CC - Combicampers; WC - Wild Camping; SM - Small Motorhomes
(unable to check Combicampers today as site appears to be down)
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 pm

My real name's Bob.

As noted we will bring the Ozpig and firewood, and a healthy thirst.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Just the Saturday night for us, that'll be me, Mrs Muz and Muzette :wink:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Bob wrote:My real name's Bob.

As noted we will bring the Ozpig and firewood, and a healthy thirst.
Ha ha! Looking forward to it. Any news on Jen?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Just the Saturday night for us, that'll be me, Mrs Muz and Muzette :wink:
Thanks Paul
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
bob uk
Bongonaut

Post by bob uk » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Jilly

We would love to come and camp with you all on this weekend if we’re not too late to get in

The only problem for us might be that I have a very silly job so I might not find out until the Friday if I have the weekend free but if I am free would it be OK to rock up in our Bongo?

We would come up on Friday and go home Sunday I expect (Unless there’s a bit of a heat wave then we might stay Sunday Night as well)

Hope to see you all soon and we will bring some logs from our log shed for the Ozpig and the fire pit

Bob and Carole

Our real names are Robert and Carole Anne
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:52 pm

fri sat for me please
Always be ready for a Top Up!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:43 pm

bob uk wrote:Hi Jilly

We would love to come and camp with you all on this weekend if we’re not too late to get in

The only problem for us might be that I have a very silly job so I might not find out until the Friday if I have the weekend free but if I am free would it be OK to rock up in our Bongo?

We would come up on Friday and go home Sunday I expect (Unless there’s a bit of a heat wave then we might stay Sunday Night as well)

Hope to see you all soon and we will bring some logs from our log shed for the Ozpig and the fire pit

Bob and Carole

Our real names are Robert and Carole Anne
Thanks Bob & Carole, you're on the list. No problem if you can't get the time off but I hope you're able to join us.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:43 pm

bongobaz wrote:fri sat for me please
Thanks Baz
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Bob, can you remember how long it took us to walk from Eastnor to Ledbury? Someone is asking.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks everyone for updating the list, just need a few more to contact me so I stop panicking please. I’ve updated the Castle with the numbers – 22 (& possibly one more) on the list so far, that’s fantastic.

I would be grateful if you would please let me know which nights you are planning to stay so I can be prepared. Pay me on arrival (£6.50 per night per pitch) and bring the right change please.

A reminder:
The meet: Friday to Sunday 27 to 29 September - but you can stay till Monday if you wish, that’ll be the last day the Deer Park is open for camping this season. I’ll be arriving Friday lunchtime hopefully.
Facilities: drinking taps, grey taps and somewhere to dump your business!
Allowed: firepits and BBQs off the ground, well-behaved dogs
Walking: it’s a wonderful place to camp, with great walking around the Deer Park, up onto the southern end of the Malverns, into Ledbury (circular) where there’s some nice pubs, and Eastnor Castle itself.

Eastnor Castle will allow well-behaved dogs inside the Castle – I don’t know anywhere else that allows that! Feels very strange, walking up the grant staircase with a dog!

You’ll be welcome to join us on the circular walk to Ledbury and back on the Saturday, incorporating a lovely pub (that does good food) in the centre and the Saturday market. Real ale and all that! Note: there are no buses to my knowledge to come back on!

So far:

1 Jillygumbo BF CC WC SM Fri 2 firepit
2 Panda Bob BF Fri 3 ozpig firewood
3 Muzorewa BF Sat 1
4 New Forest Terrier BF
5 Caz CC WC SM
6 Moonshadow WC Fri 2
7 Karen1910 WC
8 Cas SM
9 Jo123 CC Fri 2
10 Davey WC Fri 3 gazebo
11 Minisorella WC
12 Adycol WC
13 Redted WC
14 Jen (Bob's mate) BF
15 Bongobaz BF Fri 2
16 Karenw SM Fri or Sat?
17 MaryMary CC
18 Bob & Lin BF
19 Haydn BF
20 Mudandsmoke WC Fri 2 firewood
21 Compassrose SM Fri 3
22 Bob UK BF Fri 2/3 firewood
If “karenw” is the same as “kangooroo” on another forum: may not be joining us after all .

Please let me know your real names (if you haven’t already) and any pets you’ll be bringing along. Please also let me know if you planning to bring anything to share, eg gazebo, firewood, so we’ve got an idea of what’s still needed. I won’t include all the information in the list but it’s helpful to know names.

BF - Bongo Fury; CC - Combicampers; WC - Wild Camping; SM - Small Motorhomes; CC – Combicampers (welcome back)
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 pm

From memory I think it was about an hour.

Very pleasant, too. :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 pm

'Fraid Jen can't make it, her son has indeed picked this w/e to move house. :roll:

However, Bongy is loaded with the Ozpig and a good supply of wood, just food and drink to add and we hope to arrive about 15.30 on Friday. :D :D :D

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”