New Owner

Moderator: Ian

Blutac

Post by Blutac » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi

i may organise a meeting with DreamwarriorUK, i can always pop up to York and meet him on the knavesmire

I've been looking at alarms and central locking, might get the whole thing done together and a huge steering lock. i dont intend to keep anything left in it apart from the cd player but that has a removeable front panel.

think i'll get some locking wheel nuts too as i'm sure it just has normal ones on.

cheers Dave
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 pm

no worries dave i can cast an eye over it for you and show you your way around, can also fit you an alarm system but dont go for a fancy one like mine.
remote central locking
anti hijack
2 way paging up to a mile away
remotely start the engine from the comfort of your house.
built in immobiliser
turbo timer.

250210744050 ebay item
quite intensive to fit but worth it for piece of mind.

mike
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:04 am

Oi mike - all that and it doesnt wind the windows up. Slap for you m'boy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blutac. I've got the cheap, cheerful and easy to see option of a steering wheel lock. Not much to go wrong though not much use for preventing break-ins. 8)
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:25 am

mike i keep meaning to get the window lifter but what with the conversion and my busy work schedule/bongo meets im not sure when ill get round to it.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:39 pm

I can't really talk 'cos I haven't even gotten around to fitting half of what I should fit on mine :oops:

I'm so tight I make a Yorkshireman look generous and so lazy I make a Mexican look industrious :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Mike

Well i pick it up saturday and i have to drive it from thirsk to leeds

i had no problems with temperature when i test drove it so hopefully will be ok till i get it home and then i may go over to townley on sunday in convoy with dreamwarrior

he said he'll give it the once over for me

i've decided i'm going to be the alarm and i'll sit in it with an iron bar at the ready :D

cheers Dave
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:08 pm

so i take it you got it from select marques then dave,
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 am

HI DreamwarriorUK

how could you tell :D

they were really nice at select marques and i met another guy there who bought one from them and said they were really good with him too

how could i not buy it !!

not long now

cheers Dave
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 pm

thirsk was mentioned dave, kath and ian on here bought theirs from there and it was a good buy for them. we popped over last year but they must have had a bad batch in at the time, overpriced and some poor bodywork/interiors, hopefully for you their selection has improved.
hopefully the weather will be kind this weekend.
will ring you tomorrow.
mike
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 pm

Good luck Blutac and enjoy the drive - unlikely to have overheating problems in this weather :lol: . AFT Bongos get blown about a bit in high wind, slightly unrelaxing (unless you enjoy the challenge which I happen to!) but not life threatening - just take it gently if windy (65-70mph max) and admire the view from up there 8)
Last edited by mikeonb4c on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 am

Hi

not looking forward to being blown about tomorrow, and there could be snow !!!! :shock:

at least i've got the 4wd

cheers Dave
ebygum32

Post by ebygum32 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Welcome dude

anything you need just ask, got three years bongo driving under my belt so can say they are very reliable

where about are you in leeds i am the A1 side near Garforth

Chris
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi

i'm near david lloyds/sainsburys, top end of meanwood

i'm sure i'll be posting questions, thanks for the offer

cheers dave
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:22 pm

snow dosnt seem to bother the 4wd ones dave. try driving a transit van in snow if you want fun.
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:20 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Good luck Blutac and enjoy the drive - unlikely to have overheating problems in this weather :lol: . AFT Bongos get blown about a bit in high wind, slightly unrelaxing (unless you enjoy the challenge which I happen to!) but not life threatening - just take it gently if windy (65-70mph max) and admire the view from up there 8)
Mike it was in very cold weather just outside of Thirsk that our Bongo really overheated in a big way :shock: not wanting to be an alarmist :oops: But very cold outside temperatures do not prevent overheating :roll:
Image Pete

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”