Tan Hill Inn. N. Yorks Moors. July 26th With A Band!!

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

mvous

Re: Tan Hill Inn. N. Yorks Moors. July 26th With A Band!!

Post by mvous » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Thanks Mr & Mrs Munkey for organising this, we really enjoyed ourselves. Fantastic place, great view and nutty sheep :)
Lovely weather, spent all day Saturday sat outside the pub relaxing, drinking,chatting and watching the world go by, and another world it is too up there!
Thanks to Mike and Damo for the chilled out music in the evening.
Sorry no pics but I'm sure others will oblige

J&E
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Arrived home wot can we say as always lovely welcome by the guys up north roll on silverdale. fab job mr monkey =D> =D> (chris liz and my new mate :wink: :wink: annabell

Gary & Tina

BONGO-LOUIS
Regor

Post by Regor » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 pm

To Mr Munkey for organising, the Saturday night cabaret for entertaining, and all the folks I met at Tan Hill for the warm welcome this weekend. Many thanks from this Midlander for a great time =D> =D> .

It was great that I was able to get to a NW meet having recently aquired my own car, as well as seeing familiar faces from Tatton Park in March.

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting up again soon. Travel safely.

Best regards
Roger
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:06 pm

Roger - sorry I forgot to say lovely to see you with your own bongo at the meet. Didn't mean to miss you out and I hope you got home safe.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Great to see a lot of old and new faces at Tan Hill. Mr Munkey you did us proud as did the weather. Coasta del Tan Hill? I made it to RoosterUK's place at mid day on Sunday where he and DBO found the time to wire up my blinds and internal lights to my leisure battery. Many thanks.

Other faces from the Tan Hill meet forming yet another mini meet at RoosterUK's included Hatris, Mobilecat and Snow_Kiter. We stuffed ourselves on Caz's sandwhiches as usual. Yum!

Sorry it was Wigan Pixie not Mobilecat. The large pink and white cat on the dashboard confused me.
Last edited by MountainGoat on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi Mountaingoar - it was you I was discussing awnings with but my memory was failing me -= sorry.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 pm

Well finally back, unpacked and recovered from heatstroke :lol:

What a fantastic venue for a Bongo meet. I'd ave loved to stay there longer in the cool breeze at 1800ft - it was amazing how much hotter it became as we descending to lower levels. So many stories you could tell about Tan Hill and its completely nutty atmosphere. If you've not been, you should make sure you do. And the drive back (helped by the demented SatNav) took us up and down every steep lane through the Dales and the stunning scenery and wildflowers. It was also by far the most challenging drive the Bongo had done and it did it all, fully loaded with gear and passengers, without a moments worry. What a motor.

Big thumbs up to Mr & Mrs Munkey for organising this one. Brilliant. It was more than an ordinary Bongo meet. It was totally different from any other venue I've been to before. Stunning.

Sorry I didn't get to mix with the Bongo tribe more but we were a bit compromised for free time what with setting up and packing up the gear, as well as the bit in the middle. I took a few random pics in stolen moments:

8)
ozzy

Post by ozzy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:39 am

A big thankyou to the cheeky munkies....we could have joined you for that skinney dip afterall!!
We nearly ran out of fuel as none of the petrol stations in the area were open... :x but eventually found one in Richmond...happy days!

I would like to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome & allowing me to bend your ears!!!!
i'm usually quite shy & reserved!!!! honest :^o

I really look forward to seeing you all again......hope everyone had a safe journey home.

Once again,thankyou :) From a very sunburnt Bongo Virgin! (Pauls bit of stuff)
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:33 am

Sounds like you all had a great time...Pity i couldn't make it... :cry:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:57 am

thanks mr and mrs M - wish we could have stayed longer but still had a lovely day please let us know what the contribution should have been.Sorry we missed the night time entertainment.I miscalculated the time home and we never got to the indian either so went to bed starving.

What really scared me though was we took the same route we took last time in the fog and now having seen it I,m amazed we made it at all.- lesson learnt- next time make provision to stay put - cos i wont be repeating that.
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Well done mr&mrs M. top spot for a meet going to be hard to beat. ttfn diamond
snow_kiter
Bongolier

Post by snow_kiter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Fun weekend.

Did anyone notice the celebrities in the barn on saturday?

Saw this pair at the side of the stage

and thought it could have been these guys

Dabs took the club rules to heart
and again
then he got a bit confused

BDC got a new polishing cloth

Entertainment

Many many many more images on my website
http://www.kitemovies.me.uk Its not all kites I've put a Bongo section on now.......

Rgds Pete
Daymo

Post by Daymo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi Folks ......

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you guys for making me feel welcome and allowing me to "entertain" you guys. I had a really good time and WOW what a place. I'll be back there for sure........ I mean where else can you get Ewe Juice on draught!!

Looks like my USA trip is in doubt as I am know thinking 3 grand on a holiday or 3 grand towards a lifetime of holidays, looks like I caught the Bongo Bug ........ And Mrs Daymo approves too which is a real bonus !!!

And a BIGGER THANKS to Mr Munkey for the organisation and to Knocker (Mike) for driving my big ass all the way to Tan Hill and back.

I cant wait to see you guys again so lets hope its soon !!!

Daymo
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Some cracking pics there, Pete. :wink:
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Pete...my Mrs nearly spilt her damson gin when she saw your piccies...she's printed them off and they are now adorning the fridge door.

Had a great weekend despite the miserable look. Thanks Mr & mrs M for sorting it.

cheers

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”