Wirral Meet

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 pm

we also say farm site,it would cost me £26.40 a night!!!!!!!!!!
also great idea with marquee and barby and beers,would have to miss the meal out cos of the 4 littlies
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Harry wrote:
Proper bongo camping not yer namby pamby hook ups home from home.

Come on softies...its only for one or two nights..come and try the next best thing to 'wild camping' which is really the best way to use a bongo anyway.

H
I always think that You should spoil Yourself on occasions like this :roll:
But I will go in with the masses and rough it for once :roll: :lol: Only kidding!!!

I reckon it will be a cracker \:D/ \:D/

Walter count Me in for the field of Bongos for the Friday and Saturday night plus an evening meal please.

Cheers Dabs
Last edited by Dabs on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
Walter Smith

Wirral meet

Post by Walter Smith » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Wirral meet is on. The site is booked and confirmed. I visited it on Wednesday afternoon and the field is ideal. There is a farm shop just across the entrance car park, which will provide our toilet facilities. The farm shop has a large wooden decked area with roof cover, tables and chairs. It is usually provided for the fruit pickers to relax from their labours - we can use if required. Please note! Harry is bringing a marquee in case of inclement weather, which we will erect Saturday. A B-B-Q seems to be the preferred arrangement for Saturday evening - am I right?

Arrangements. Friday 23rd/ Sat.24th/ Sun.25th April.
One day, two days or three, over-night or not, length of stay to suit you.
Dogs and children welcome ( under control )
Free, No charge! just your diesel. Regards, Walter.
Walter Smith

Wirral Meet CORRECTION!

Post by Walter Smith » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:18 pm

OOPS! wrong dates should read - 2oth/ 21st/ 22nd of APRIL *

Interested attenders Walter (4), NeilT & family, Dave Dabongo ( 1 day? ), mikeonb4c, Harry, You've been Bongod ( 1 day ), daveblueozzie family & terriers!. There must be more, it can't be the cost! it's free. Great views over the Dee to North Wales, nice walks, the Cottage loaf pub close by, a church up the lane, a cafe at the bottom of the lane, plus an attractive visitors centre at which I can possibly arrange for a special showing of the Wirral video. The Wirral Way is great for cycling. And the company of your fellow Bongo fraternity!

Remember that this is my substitute for The Bongo Bash this year!

I will post travel details after I consult my navigator ( Betty ) my directing ability is worse than my posting of an accurate date.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Walter.
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:29 pm

Like the idea of the Wirral meet. Sue and me will be in Southport 10 April - 16 April, but a little diversion on the way home sounds OK. Any max on capacity in case I am late with booking?
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:37 pm

Walter. Not certain I can get there but keen to if poss. Most likely only Friday night and (most of) Saturday though as I'm expected at a family lunch on my birthday (22/4) (unless I can persuade them all to come with me - unlikely). Thats what I like about birthdays - I get to do what I want. NOT :(

Mike
Walter Smith

Wrral Meet

Post by Walter Smith » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:38 pm

Pete & Sue, you will be most welcome!

Let me know your E.T.A.

A warm Wirral Welcome awaits you.

Best Wishes,

Walter
Walter Smith

Wrral Meet

Post by Walter Smith » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:50 pm

Pete & Sue, you will be most welcome!

Let me know your E.T.A.

A warm Wirral Welcome awaits you.

Best Wishes,

Walter
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

wirral meet

Post by You've Been Bongod » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:00 pm

hi walter i will book the weekend off for this meet, my boss can go and jump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can we bring our awning with us as might as well stay for the weekend , will also bring gas stoves with us if it will help .
oh and there is three of us ,
thanks for the invite
will you please post the name of the place ( street ) and postcode so can find it on sat nav , thanks again \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

you've been bongod
Walter Smith

Wirral meet

Post by Walter Smith » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:09 am

Still plenty of space, as long as we don't match our Bongo Bash!
So make it! a day, or the week-end, it's up to you.

Address of site: Station Road, Thurstaston, Wirral. CH61 OHN.
Station Road is a long straight Lane down to the Dee Estuary facing North Wales. Our site is on the right-hand side, there is a sign pointing to WHITES FARM SHOP - turn in to large car park. We have the field on the left. There is usually a couple of vintage Fire Engines kept there by some enthusiasts. I will post Road numbers & directions for those travelling from Merseyside, Lancashire & Cheshire.

If you access the North-West site for Bongo members, Dabongo, on 4th. March has posted the web-site of the Wirral Caravan Park which is further down the lane from us, and much dearer! " I'm Free "

Best Wishes,

Walter.
NeilT
Bongolier

Post by NeilT » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:38 am

we are looking forward to it... if things go to plan, we may be able to do the 2 nights.... Friday and Saturday......
This has just got to be done....
"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
http://www.bongoforum.co.uk

NWBB
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi there walter,
I didn,t know about this thread, ive been responding on the north west thread :oops:

Would it be ok for me and the little cain's to come for a day visit on the sunday please?

It sounds like really good meet in the making.... I,ll fetch snacks /supplies for all.... :wink:
many thanks, ste.
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Walter Smith

Wirral meet

Post by Walter Smith » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:27 am

Hi! bigdaddycain!

Delighted to see you Sunday, whatever time you have. If your circumstances change, and you can come along for longer, you will be welcome.

Regards,

Walter.
Walter Smith

Wirral meet

Post by Walter Smith » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:48 am

Just scanning those of you coming to Wirral ountry Park between Friday 21st/ Sat.22nd/ and Sunday 23rd. April.
Travellers from ; Kent, Stoke on Trent, Grange Over Sands, Altrincham, Wigan, St. Helens, Wirral and Birkenhead. Where are the rest of the Merseyside contingent?

Remember the site is basic, NO showers, but toilet access.

Saturday Evening B-B-Q.

Any gourmet meat eaters? The farm shop sells Angus Beef reared in the next field.

A bottle of wine for whoever travels furthest.

Best Wishes,

Walter.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:56 am

I'm going to try and make Friday evening and Saturday morning if the family will let me off my duties Walter. Will confirm shortly. Angus beef sounds fan-bloody-fastic. Count me in - I'll bring some horseradish sauce and a bottle of red. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”