Motoring expense stories x 2

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: Motoring expense stories x 2

Post by BongoBongo123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:37 pm

You will know what to do when the time comes I think Mike. If you have a raging passionate hobby/creative outlet, that helps. Something you can fall right into. Other than that maybe part time could work well on your terms/days/hours. I think having a passion with something is important in life, it is always there for new discoveries and it gets you through the annoying/ bad times with a bit more ability to get away from your troubles. Although how your hobby is going can have an impact on you, if you lose interest or it turns sour it can leave you with a bit of a gap. But after enough time you find something else to enjoy normally.

Unbelievable price for that Nissan sports car problem. I will never own one of those, I'm a plodder always have been. It's worked out so far.

Make sure the knowledge does not vanish from here as people move on mind you, do pop back. :wink:
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Re: Motoring expense stories x 2

Post by roosmith » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 am

Bongoplod wrote:
roosmith wrote:I've talked about this on here before, I don't fully buy into the old age thing, I've run 20 year old vehicles before without this number of failures. My Bongo hasn't done 100k yet, other old vehicles I have had, had twice that mileage an nowhere near the number of breakdowns.
You may just be unlucky with your Bongo.
A lot depends on the vehicle you buy and its history/maintainance by previous owner.
Ive had 3 in 10 yrs,very little repairs on all of them. My present one ive had 6 yrs in october.All thats had is a set of wiper blades,a new diff seal ,drop links and a rocker cover gasket to stop an oil leak.
Maybe ive been lucky :D
Indeed a lot of it probably is luck and also assuming that the mileage is correct when it was converted to mph of course! Although I was told when Ian Taylor imported it, it was for his own use, so you'd hope it was a good one! I am possibly being over dramatic and expecting too much but in the last 5 years I've had so many niggles all confidence has gone in its reliability. I just drive along worrying about every knock and noise. This weekend will also be taken up trying to work out why it feels like the handbrake is stuck on (I've got as far as eliminating the running gear, it must be engine related). This will probably be the 6 or 7 weekend taken up with fixing the Bongo this year.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.

Return to “Off Message”