Roofrack

Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Re: Roofrack

Post by Bogmonster40 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 am

I have a set of thule roof bars which i bought for my vectra - i thought the "foot fittings" ( Technical term) :shock: would be completely different ?? I also have a set of roof bars which i bought for my zafira....
I have them on my workbench ready to go on e-bay as i thought they were now useless =D> =D>

This site is absolutely marvelous :roll: So now what do i do - not being technically minded around cars, i have a feeling this is going to be beyond my capability....
V6 2.5i Tintop Aero Petrol/LPG
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: Roofrack

Post by missfixit70 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 am

If either of the fittings have a basic flat pad as part of it that can sit flat on the roof (see the link in my previous post), it's just a matter of getting your ladder out, offer them up to the holes on the AFT, see where you can bolt them onto the roof, may need drilling? find/cut appropriate length bolts (not too long as the threaded inserts are "blind" ended, but long enough to get plenty of threads worth of grip) & bolt them on (suitable padding may need to be fabricated to protect the paintwork on the roof).
Where the threaded inserts come through the roof, check there are nuts tightly holding them on underneath, these have been known to work loose.
Don't exceed the weight limit on the roof (75kg?) & don't try & lift the roof with it fully loaded. Any long items, it's a good idea to lash the front end down to the front of the bongo (good time to have a bullbar fitted :wink: ).
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”