Welsh contingency roll call

experiment626

Bongos & Border Collies.

Post by experiment626 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:49 pm

Chris P wrote: If there is a tricolour border collie in the back throwing himself at the windows like a maniac, that's definitely us.
Border Collies & Bongo seem to go together don't they? Seems like loads of mentions round 'ere.

We have two Black & Whites - Lilo & Stitch.

xxx
Chris P

Re: Bongos & Border Collies.

Post by Chris P » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:43 pm

experiment626 wrote: Border Collies & Bongo seem to go together don't they? Seems like loads of mentions round 'ere.

We have two Black & Whites - Lilo & Stitch.
Stitch must be the crazier one?

There were certainly several border collies at last year's Bongo Bash, including a mountain rescue one that was much better trained than ours - didn't even chase joggers.

So you haven't camped with the Bongo yet? Our plan was we bought an awning for the dog to sleep in (he was fine when we and he were in a tent). He didn't have any of that - barked his head off. Now we know what the electric roof is for... Gets a bit exciting when we let him down in the morning though.

Cheers

Chris
stuey five toes

Post by stuey five toes » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:50 am

The Scott familly :D can be mostly found around Caerphilly in a purple 2WD Freda / Bongo (ours is a ford for its sins) N reg - I think..Number plates should only have one number then I would be able to remember it!

We can otherwise be seen at Rest bay or other South Wales beaches...

Easily recognisable by the large Surfers Against Sewage sticker in the back window.

Currently handling beautifully with the 195s on the front!
kifiad
Junior Bongonaut

Post by kifiad » Mon May 15, 2006 3:29 pm

We,ve got a silver N reg freetop and a big black alsatian-collie cross called Bingo who loves the bongo and seems to think that the middle row of seats are his
We're in Aberystwyth but are usually to be found camping in Pembs.in the Bosherston area.
kim
Terry

Post by Terry » Mon May 15, 2006 10:16 pm

Over by there look that's us in Ebbw, Green on a P, tent on the top.
dwyryd

Post by dwyryd » Tue May 16, 2006 7:57 pm

White 4WD AFT.
N679 TDW
Swansea Vale
mvous

Post by mvous » Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm

Will be honoury welsh member this sunday when I visit Cardiff for the play-off final. Come on Leeds!

blue over silver wellhouse converted beauty P***OET

Staying in central Cardiff on Sunday night celebrating :D or drowning sorrows :(
pippin

Post by pippin » Wed May 17, 2006 9:03 am

Hey mvous, Cardiff is the capital of Wales which needs a capital letter!

Actually, if you hear the locals saying "Care - diff" then you are in the right place. If you hear them saying "Ky err dee the" then you have really arrived!

Croeso i Gaerdydd. It is a lovely city.

Are you staying in your Bongo?
I can give you some tips about where to park up in peace and quiet.
Gary Appleby

Post by Gary Appleby » Wed May 17, 2006 10:42 am

Caerphilly is a lovely little town.

With quite a few Bongo's and Freda's.

Most wave back, a few don't

GJA
ash01

Post by ash01 » Mon May 22, 2006 7:22 pm

Hi

I'm down in Barry and last weekend i bought a Flat Top 2wd silver bongo.

I suppose i shall see you around guys.

I will be going up to the Ty Hafan Three Peaks Challenge on Saturday 10th June in the new addition. If any of you are taking part i shall see you there in my new silver machine!!

Ash!!
Terry

Post by Terry » Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 pm

Seem's a little unfair Ash, everyone else will be on foot.
ash01

Post by ash01 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:36 am

Ok fair point, its only 2wd though! do you reckon i could scale Pen-y-fan with a 2wd version? lol.

Only joking, i'm working the event as i work for Ty Hafan. If anyone is going up say hello!!

Are there any gatherings happening this summer?

Ash
gazz and ally

Post by gazz and ally » Tue May 23, 2006 12:40 pm

Been thinking of a South Wales (and allcomers) meet-up for a while now as numbers seem to be growing. Hands up who'd be interested for a Sat/Sun meet in June/July. Any suggestions as to location? Big car park and child friendly pub seem to me to be valid criteria. Where do you reckon? Gazz

Also - anyone fancy going to the Bongo Bash in convoy?
ash01

Post by ash01 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi again, count me in for a weekend sometime. Not sure of a location but it would be great fun to see all the different bongos around. And count me in for a trip in convoy to the bongo bash.

Wanted to ask a question too!

How important is the waxoyling of a bongo? The reason i ask in here is because i noticed that alot of your locations are clsoe to the sea and therefore i should imagine more prone to rust!

Regards

Ash!!
Gary Appleby

Post by Gary Appleby » Tue May 23, 2006 5:20 pm

We'll be up for that.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”