update york meeting 20th to 22nd july

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Glad you all had a great time :wink: We did ot get off the boat trip till just after 9.00 p.m. after running 2 friends home, not practical to come to York :cry:
Image Pete
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:20 pm

no worrys pete, it was a nice minimeet, weather didnt put too much of a downer on it, just 2 problems we had, dropped my xda 2 and ruined the screen so no mobile phone now and the roof problem we had this morning, mike.
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:23 pm

Free beer was grand Tetleys :wink: Had great food and red wine, all free, managed to get on and off boat fine :roll: but there again no footballs in sight :oops: Shame about your roof Mike :cry: hope you can get it sorted soon :wink:
Image Pete
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:27 pm

im gonna have a look maybe next weekend if its dry but the damage to the roof is past my level of technical ability.
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:29 pm

would a body repair shop sort it Mike?
Image Pete
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:50 pm

I wonder how much a replacement would be from a bongo breakers.

They can't be in that big a demand compared to how many go to the great campsite in the sky.
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:51 pm

good suggestion Rob :wink:
Image Pete
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Glad you all had a good time . Sorry to hear about your roof Mike.
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Blimey - sorry to hear about th eroof Mike. What on earth caused a thing like that to happen. Sounds like an AFT owners nightmare.

I wonder if Ian Taylor at Cheddleton is worth giving a ring. I remember talking with him when I was looking over his Bongos in his large workshop. He talked about removing the roof of Bongos as though it was familiar territory for him, and he certainly told me I could bring a Bongo into him for work even if it wasnt one of his. Not need to yet but no doubt it will happen once day.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Mike 8)
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:46 pm

replacement roof sounds a bit extreme but it might come to that yet. ill know better once ive stripped it. gonna give tom at bell hill a ring to see if its a diy job.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:04 pm

Sounds nasty. I wonder if it is an item that owners would be wise to check from time to time in case they work loose?

I would hope the roof can be mended. Maybe its one of those winter projects, like people do on their boats. But the tricky bit is / will be - as you say - lifting the roof. Needs a tall hoist. Mind you, if you are a builder.....8)

Hopefully you can do the work in stages, so the car is still in service as a bongalow (there's a thought - I wonder if you can put a temporary roof on it while you take the AFT off to work on.

Its a bummer though - reminds us that Bongos can bite

Good luck

Mike 8)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks again dreamwarrier for organising such a spot on week-end.
We really enjoyed it. My arms ache this morning from the kite flying but it was worth it thanks for trusting me with your gear, and thanks amanda and kids for running around picking it up for me.

Barbie lighter fuel has overtaken campari as the drink of the year + good for keeping the chill off.(children please don,t try this at home)
that "field floating" was extremely graceful.i thought you were just checking the water levels.
Hope your roof is fixable and at not too great cost,sorry coffee was the only thing we could do to help, I reckon you did well to keep smiling right through to sunday pm considering.
Wayne i am looking into possability of sites up pately bridge way might be a bit sparse for trees up there but i think i know where there,s a meaty pile of logs i could start drying them out after i "collect" them.
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

york do

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:38 pm

hi all.its me(jo),funny enough my arms ache today and its not from kite flying,its from holding the roof up for mike when we was trying to get it down first thing so i could get to work,never knew it would be that heavy really.but at least we got it down majority of the way even though i had to hold it down with my arm out of the window,just in case.at least we had a good weekend.
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:21 pm

sorry Jo you should have made all us lazy b,s get up. I heard a shout but thought it was because you were running late then i wondered if it would help if emma stayed with us but by the time i got dressed and out you,d gone didn,t know anything else was wrong until michael said the roof wasn,t fully down when you left.At least we could,ve taken you to work if we,d known. :oops:hope nothing like that happens again but if it ever does holla louder.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:47 pm

karena, pately bridge sounds good hacent been for donkeys years.
it will take a while to dry owt out in this bludy wever

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”