Driving Other Vehicles: Computer Says No

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Ian
Supreme Being

Driving Other Vehicles: Computer Says No

Post by Ian » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:45 pm

One of our members, who is insured with Admiral, was always covered on her Bongo insurance to drive other people's vehicles. But this has now been withdrawn from her cover. When she asked why she was told it was because her Bongo was a non-standard vehicle so therefore it was too risky for her to drive other people's cars. Which doesn't make any sense at all.

I am also with Admiral (I have multi-car insurance) and the same applies to my Bongo policy, but on my Skoda policy I can still drive other vehicles.

Has anybody come across this before? Can you check your policy (Admiral or other insurers) to see if you can drive other vehicles with the owner's consent?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Driving Other Vehicles: Computer Says No

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

I've noticed that the conditions seem to get stricter and stricter, far from certain its based on actual problems more likely they can increase sales of other policies or they can try to justify removing restrictions by increasing the price.
Just at the moment with inflation being so rife all costs go up justified or not without visibility as to how these are calculated, we just become inured to increases which a few years back we would have challenged and hence inflation gets boosted. Have you noticed now how more than a single inflation figure is being quoted, a food inflation rate, household goods, motoring etc. this way some will sound good and others not but its a way of getting it past the public :-(
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Tessie
Bongolier

Re: Driving Other Vehicles: Computer Says No

Post by Tessie » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:38 pm

My Bongo is insured with ERS (through Adrian Flux), renewed in December 2023 and it covers me to drive other vehicles with the owner's consent.
Never run out of road, traction and ideas at the same time.

Return to “Insurance”