Just another 800 mile trip......

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Just another 800 mile trip......

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:31 pm

......and this years reason I missed the Bongo Bash.

Just breezed around an 800 mile UK trip in the Bongo. Every time now, for 16 years, she has just started at the turn of a key and set off uncomplainingly to do what's required (in this case, ferrying my model aircraft air force to a 70th year rendezvous with old friends). Muzorewa, the Bongo Fury travelogue legend of yore, got me a copy years back of a sign he'd made for his Bongo and I thought it best to display it to warn other cars (well it would be rude not to, as Muz would says). I was amazed at how many Bongos I saw in Dorset (about 8 I think and I was only in the car for the link journeys). All those with a chance to exchanged waves. We're a special bunch, us Bongonuts 😜👍

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rAC2KGocgDHEKQHp7

Hope everyone is keeping well and sorry I'm not on the forum much these days. It took a while, but Facebook got me in the end as it's so much easier to do Bongo Banter there.

Mike
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Just another 800 mile trip......

Post by Bob » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:48 pm

Nice one, Mike.

Woodspring Wings is very near us and next weekend.

https://woodspringshow.co.uk/

Camping at Panda Towers if you fancy a visit. 8)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:28 pm

Nice one Mike, good to see you're keeping the Bongo going well. Just done 1,130 miles in 43 hours, but sadly in a car. M6, M25 & M20 closures plus the Paris périférique partially scuppered our plans but we're now in the middle of nowhere, where we'll remain for a couple of weeks in españa, having spent a lovely evening in France in le Puy-en-Velay, where the puy lentils come from. Best wishes to you & Tricia & families - Team half/Muz :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:41 pm

Great to hear from you and to see you're both still on BF Bob and Muz, though I had to sit down and reach for the smelling salts when Muz said he'd just done significant miles......not in a Bongo. Are you now Bongoless Muz? Mine just keeps on trucking and I can't get my head around life without it. :roll: [-X :lol:

Best wishes to Sue, Mrs Muz and the now grown Muz juniors. How the years fly by 8)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:50 pm

Still got the Bongo Mike, but it's getting little use nowadays. But I do have a cunning plan north of the border for the end of the month....
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:51 pm

Cheers Mike, they do indeed. :shock:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:42 am

A repeat of last years trip, maybe only 600 miles, but yet again not a beat missed. I keep thinking its time to sell the Bongo and get a newer car but honestly, I don't think I could find a better one. One of my mates on this recent trip has just forked out £2k for a replacement AdBlue diesel tank on his modern car. That'd pay for a decent bit of welding on mine as mechanically it just runs on and on :lol: 8)

Here she is enjoying the Studland Ferry

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vpxipVuCF5KoeVkt9

Return to “Bongo Chat”