Starting issues again

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

trikeboiler
Bongonaut

Starting issues again

Post by trikeboiler » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Hi all, after my last post about my Bongo sputtering on a cold start up I took your advice and had all glow plugs replaced and also had the electrics checked to make sure that power was going to the plugs, it's still sputtering on start up, giving it a bit of throttle and it's ok but I have to sit there for a few minutes until she will tick over smoothly, any other ideas please, thanks.
trikeboiler
Bongonaut

Re: Starting issues again

Post by trikeboiler » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:46 pm

On and while I remember, in the chassis near side running next to the coolant bleed pipe there is a cable that appears to be a type of earth cable, never noticed it before, it does not go anywhere only to a hole in the body work, I have bolted it to the hole but not sure if I have done the right thing, all electric seem to be working ok, does anyone know what this cable is or could it be some sort of extra that somebody has put on in the past, oh and it's red. Thank You.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:49 pm

Do NOT bolt unknown cables to the chassis! Black coloured wires are normally chassis/earth in a Mazda vehicle. I suspect if its a red wire then its an old Cold start signal used to close a valve in the exhaust using the vacuum system. Best to un-bolt it insulate the end and tie it back.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
trikeboiler
Bongonaut

Post by trikeboiler » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:54 pm

Thanks for that, I have just been under the bingo and the other end of this cable is bolted to the side of the gearbox.Cheers

Return to “Techie Stuff”