Roof tent

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

trikeboiler
Bongonaut

Roof tent

Post by trikeboiler » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:58 pm

Hi all, I have just raised the roof to have a good look at the tent condition, all is good apart from that there appears to be a cross member missing at the front of the tent to push the canvas outwards, this would have to be removed to close the roof, just want to check that there is such an item or that I am not doing it correctly. Hope this makes sense. Thanks all.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Roof tent

Post by g8dhe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:26 pm

There should be two spring loaded arms that lift up from each front corner to lift the material in the lower section, plus a weighted bar sewn into the fabric to pull the front section in.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
trikeboiler
Bongonaut

Post by trikeboiler » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi thanks for your reply, yes I have seen the two spring loaded corner posts and also the weighted bar, I only wanted to check as the front of the canopy appears a bit floppy, Thanks.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:17 pm

Is the roof going fully up until the beeping stops ? If the beeping doesn't stop then its not fully up, try gently pushing up to help it over the last few inches, but not on the skylight! If that works then the cause is usually old weakened gas struts which can be replaced from this firm http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot ... azda/bongo
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”