Driver window switch

Looking for hard to find bull-bars etc? Or have something to give away for free? This is the place for you! NO TRADE! NB You can stipulate postage costs when giving away items, but no selling! Items for sale go in 'Small Ads' on here, or 'For Sale' on http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

danfdavis
Apprentice Bongonaut

Driver window switch

Post by danfdavis » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi everyone. Does anyone have a driver side window switch, exterior aerial or centre consol ashtray for sale? Thanks in advance
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Driver window switch

Post by Bob » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi

Bongo Spares are good for used parts, the Bongo Shop does the aerials, and if it helps, the ashtray is the same as the MX5, or you can get a mug holder to fit. 8)
Katka
Bongolier

Post by Katka » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 pm

If it's just the switch you want rather than the plastic surround, I bought one of these. Perfect for our '99 Bongo. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JQNV1KG?psc=1
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:52 pm

That looks interesting. Did it fit in the recess OK? Was it easy to wire up?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Katka
Bongolier

Post by Katka » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:18 am

Ian, as far as I can tell it's an exact replacement. Just one (maybe two) screws to attach it to the grey plastic surround. The cable connectors are the same so no wiring work needed, just plug in and pop back. If I remember right, it took about a week to arrive.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 am

Brilliant. I think I'll get a couple for the Bongoland shop and also test them out on both new and old shape Bongos
Rickster
Bongonaut

Post by Rickster » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:36 pm

danfdavis wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:16 pm Hi everyone. Does anyone have a driver side window switch, exterior aerial or centre consol ashtray for sale? Thanks in advance
If the centre console ashtray is the round thing with a hinged lid, I have one here if you want it, all I ask is the postage costs to be covered.
No one here smokes anymore, a USB socket is of more use (vaping).
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 am

Best putting the centre console in the "Free Stuff" section I reckon.
Mrs Feynmans Bongos
Bongonaut

Post by Mrs Feynmans Bongos » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:09 pm

I got one of these, works perfectly.
Thanks for finding it, Katka.

Only slight issue is the Switch Surround has its metal clip AWAY FROM DOOR HINGE, towards vehicle rear. Towards the hinge, it has a PLASTIC clip to grip the door panel, not a 2nd clip as I guessed. Which (you guessed it :x ) broke off when I teased it out from the front.

Not sure how I was meant to know that, but I'd save you it. Only free-up the switch Surround to REAR, AWAY from door hinge.

So it's now a bit loose at front, wondering how to tighten it, eg improvise another clip #-o
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:17 pm

I just got a bent bit of spring steel, drilled a small hole in it, screwed it to the underside of the base plate then bend to suit, hook in then click the other in the door card. Lasted years.

Return to “Stuff Wanted/ Free Stuff/Swaps”