Reset of central locking after jumpstart

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

busguy
Bongonaut

Reset of central locking after jumpstart

Post by busguy » Fri May 22, 2020 7:32 am

I had to have an emergency jump start on my 2004 2 litre bongo and since then the central locking is not in sync. Drivers door makes a noise but does not lock when key fob used, but other doors do. Same goes for unlocking. Does anyone know the correct procedure to get the system synchronised? I'd be grateful for any help.
I also need a driver's door inner door handle as the plastic handle is cracked and likely to break any time now!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Reset of central locking after jumpstart

Post by g8dhe » Fri May 22, 2020 8:36 am

Sounds more like the drivers door solenoid is not happy, its not something that can get out of sync as such, there all powered from the same system in the these later vehicles it appears. Suggest you get the door card off and inspect the drivers door solenoid maybe be ready to replace it if necessary.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri May 22, 2020 8:39 am

This sequence was posted a while back: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76085

The plastic door grabs are available from Bongoland at https://bongoland.co.uk/product-category/interior/
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
busguy
Bongonaut

Post by busguy » Fri May 22, 2020 9:21 am

g8dhe wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:36 am Sounds more like the drivers door solenoid is not happy, its not something that can get out of sync as such, there all powered from the same system in the these later vehicles it appears. Suggest you get the door card off and inspect the drivers door solenoid maybe be ready to replace it if necessary.
Thanks Geoff. I will have a look. Is there anyone local that would be able to do the job? I am situated at Middleton on Sea, near Bognor.
Sorry, I didn't describe the right part of the door furniture. Thanks Ian, I had a look at the site, but I need the door pull handle assy for opening the door internally, and it is not listed. Cheers John
Last edited by busguy on Fri May 22, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 am

I would have thought most garages would look at it for you if your unable to look at it yourself. I assume your able to get into the door using the key ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
busguy
Bongonaut

Post by busguy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:58 pm

All sorted a week ago, with a drivers door lock solenoid and interior door handle being obtained with prompt delivery from bongospares.co.uk in Sowerby Bridge. Very helpful and responsive staff were a credit to the company. I also relined the door plastic moisture sheet, and obtained some 3mm butyl ribbon mastic which made sticking it in place easy. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Return to “Techie Stuff”