New member and recommendation

Bigdave2200
Apprentice Bongonaut

New member and recommendation

Post by Bigdave2200 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi everyone. As a recently joined member, this is my first post. I bought my Freda about 2 months ago and am smitten! She has been christened Lady Freda.
When I got her she had corroded rear wheel arches. I would like to recommend Billy at Caravan Fix in Galashiels as he carried out a superb repair job (photographs to follow). Caravan Fix also repair gas equipment such as refrigerators and cookers and also do servicing and mot's.
Billy can be contacted at-
Caravan Fix
Unit 2 Redburn Garage
Peebles road
Galashiels
TD1 1TH.
Mobile no 07850 280 363
Email [email protected]
I look forward to meeting some of you Bongonaughts in the not too distant future.
All the best for 2020,
Happy Bongoing,
Dave.
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: New member and recommendation

Post by Ian » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 am

Dave, thanks for this. I will add their details to the "Rust Directory" in the members area of main site.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 pm

I too can recommend Billy at Caravanfix but have no experience of him servicing my Bongo as I deserted and moved up to a motorhome before Billy set up his garage. Before that Billy ran a mobile service with his van which he still does in addition to the garage. These days Billy carries out the habitation service on my motorhome, something that he has done for me for the past six years.

When I had my Bongo I used a variety of garages for servicing before coming across Greg's Garage in Galashiels which is behind the bus garage. Greg serviced my Bongo for the last four years in which I had it, these days he services both my Jeep Cherokee and my motorhome. Greg is an American from California who is married to a Scot. The garage is a small two man run establishment situated in part of what used to be one of the Scottish Borders woolen mills.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Just curious! I know a 'Big Dave'. Whereabouts do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Scotland”