Facelift Fog Lights

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bonneville
Bongolier

Facelift Fog Lights

Post by Bonneville » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:48 pm

I've got hold of a set of 323 fog lights for my facelift Bongo but can't find any wiring in there other than for the switch. In the relay diagrams for the earlier model, the fog light relay is the one at the front of the bank of 4 on the nearside inner wing but there is no spare connector in the loom there and nothing tied up or floating around that I can find.
On Lushprojects the relay diagram is confusing and I have empty relay sockets on the nearside so perhaps it should go there.
So, the question is, where is the fog light relay on the facelift Bongo? Can't believe Mazda used a different loom for a relatively cheap option like this and, if they did, why put the switch wiring in the dash?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Facelift Fog Lights

Post by g8dhe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:34 pm

Most of the loom is Optional (enclosed in dashed line) so not surprised its missing.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bonneville
Bongolier

Post by Bonneville » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks, Geoff. Given that the switch wiring is in there, do you happen to know where in the loom it exits for the optional loom? There must be somewhere for the additional fog loom to plug in.
Bonneville
Bongolier

Post by Bonneville » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:14 pm

So, I had the bumper off and I found this sucker:

That is the connector for the factory front fogs so parts of the 'missing' loom are there.

So, we have a connector for the switch, a connector for the fogs, no connector for the relay. So where does the sub loom plug into?

Can someone with a facelift Bongo with front fogs check if it has a relay in the front nearside position, please?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:39 pm

The bits inside the dotted lines are the option looms
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Bonneville
Bongolier

Post by Bonneville » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks, Geoff. That plug in the picture is after the relay, surely? It's the feed to the lamps. This is inside the dotted area and on the car .
There must be somewhere that the option loom plugs into? Otherwise how does the switch wiring meet the plug in the picture without splicing the loom in the middle and putting a relay in there...
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:42 pm

I've not needed to actually trace the wiring so can't say to be honest, trying to trace wiring inside looms is not a useful use of ones time normally! You will be better off installing your own setup than trying to spend time fathoming out looms!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Bonneville
Bongolier

Post by Bonneville » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:42 am

Absolutely. I have a relay, wire, switch and my trusty Fluke sitting here all dressed up and ready to go.

Trouble is, I'm a sucker for the factory look and E2-04 is sitting there laughing at me.

I could really do with a look under the bonnet of another facelift...I suspect there is another relay location in use or a plug elsewhere.

Return to “Techie Stuff”