Off to Scotland

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

kandabongogirl
Bongonaut

Re: Off to Scotland

Post by kandabongogirl » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am

marionw wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:47 pm To Kandabongogirl,
I have sent you a PM thanking you for the Skye information sheet, but am also thanking you via this in case you don't get the PM.
It will definitely be used.

Sorry not to have met you but hope to in the future :D
Ref. PM – not sure what’s happened as no messages in my inbox – maybe I need to check my settings. :?

Yes, sorry not to have met up on my brief foray to the Bash on Saturday whilst you were at the away day event. It was good to meet a bunch of folk and put a few faces to names. The bash will definitely be a date in our family diary next year. Clashed with other commitments this year.

We will look forward to hearing how you get on in Scotland. And if you get to Mull or Wester Ross it would be great to have an info sheet from you; as they are part of our plan for this August (en-route to Tiree), or if not this summer then next spring.

Enjoy your trip, and happy responsible camping. Hope the weather is kind to you. :)

kbg
23 year old salt and pepper AFT who loves a twerk to a kandabongoman tune.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Possible your In Box is full.

The system holds new messages in the ether somehow until you delete some old ones. :wink:

Great to meet you at Stourport. :D
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut

Post by kandabongogirl » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm

marionw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:45 pm After leaving the Bongo Bash this June I am intending to make my way up to Scotland and explore as much as possible of that beautiful Country.
I wondered if any of our Scottish members and others that have also visited can suggest any 'not to be missed' places and sights.
Thanking you in anticipation :D
I forgot to mention a couple of handy websites:

On the way to / from Skye you will pass through the vast district of Lochaber, where it would be rude not to linger. Great info here:
https://www.wildlochaber.com/

And if it is the best of the crop of mainland beaches in this area (Moidart, Ardnamurchan, and the Road to the Isles) that you are after, including fabulous short walks to / along quiet beaches:
https://www.moidart.com/beaches

Happy exploring.

kbg
Last edited by kandabongogirl on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut

Post by kandabongogirl » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Bob wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm Possible your In Box is full.

The system holds new messages in the ether somehow until you delete some old ones. :wink:

Great to meet you at Stourport. :D
Nah, Bob, I haven't had a single PM since I joined in April. Nada, inbox empty.

Yes, great to meet you and a bunch of others at the bash, albeit briefly. Will plan better next year.

kbg
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm

I'll send you one as a test. 8)
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm

kandabongogirl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm I forgot to mention a couple of handy websites:

On the way to / from Skye you will pass through the vast district of Lochaber, where it would be rude not to linger. Great info here:
https://www.wildlochaber.com/

And if it is the best of the crop of mainland beaches in this area (Moidart, Ardnamurchan, and the Road to the Isles) that you are after, including fabulous short walks to / along quiet beaches:
https://www.moidart.com/beaches

Happy exploring.

kbg
Thanks for those links kbg. We're making our way to Skye in July via Ardnamurchan, then we thought of winding back from Skye by Plockton, Applecross, and Glencoe. I can't wait :D
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut

Post by kandabongogirl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:32 pm

[/quote]

Thanks for those links kbg. We're making our way to Skye in July via Ardnamurchan, then we thought of winding back from Skye by Plockton, Applecross, and Glencoe. I can't wait :D
[/quote]

I bet you can't! Sounds lovely. We will be back that way at the end of August visiting Mull, and maybe sneaking back to Ardnamurchan (via the Tobermory - Kilchoan ferry) for a 'quick fix', before heading back to Oban for the ferry to Tiree.

Another handy tip for planning beach excursions is to have the tide tables to hand through a web site such as:
https://tides4fishing.com/uk/scotland
The entries for Oban, Tobermory, and Mallaig are relevant to this area.
That way you can try and time 'beach-time' for when the tide is falling towards low tide to give a few hours spanning low tide - many of the white sandy beaches are at their most gorgeous to cavort on at low tide. And of course gorgeous to park the van and watch sunsets from whatever the tide is doing at sunset.

Enjoy.

kbg.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”