Side door soft close not working

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Billabongo37
Apprentice Bongonaut

Side door soft close not working

Post by Billabongo37 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Only getting 8 volts on multimeter from door post top pin, I'm thinking this should be 12,could this be a corroded wire or ground problem? Fuse, contacts, micro switch all OK, any idea's, door closes with a good slam and cl works ok
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Side door soft close not working

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:52 pm

I've not had that part of the loom apart, but pretty certain its not the top pin that is +12 volts its most likely the sense wire for the child lock switch as I recall. The door is actually controlled by a small 8-bit micro processor so don't go shorting out the terminals! The diagrams and control module are available on the wiring diagram pages, but as I say they don't give the details of the loom to door contacts. See you will need Flash enabled if using Chrome (they have taken to blocking Flash by default, so it has to be turned on each tome).
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Billabongo37
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Billabongo37 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks for info, going to have a look Sunday and see if I can find the problem!
al & chris
Tribal Elder

Post by al & chris » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:08 am

Have you cleaned all the contacts. Had to do ours once with a bit of fine wet and dry grit paper. Was surprised it did work then.
It may also just be the door post block it's self. Took ours off door pillar cleaned connections behind, think more than likely it will be poor or loose connection there .

Return to “Bongo Chat”