Bongo Wiring Manuals

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Wiring Manuals

Post by g8dhe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Gah, don't you love it my server seemingly became infected with the "Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn" last night at 23:00 so my various web sites and the high res. images are currently unavailable basically anything ???.g8dhe.net or ???.g8dhe.com including the Bongo Wiring Manuals, looks like it will be a rebuild of the OS so the system maybe down for a while. Still 9 years service with only a couple of hardware faults can't be too bad!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Bummer!
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:51 pm

you recently said didnt you geoff that you were looking for a winter project. hope you can save the stuff. good luck bud.

give me spanners and a blown engine anyday. #-o #-o
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Yer at the moment the data is all "safe" and backed up other than my 120,000 images! Its merely the Operating System that appears to have been junked, but even that is backed up, so once I can get a working system back up I can restore OK, its just the normal little Windows gotcha's getting in the way!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Brilliant that you're so methodical and thorough, jolly well done, Geoff. =D>
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:46 pm

Looks like its all back ... famous last words of course! Now to try and find out where the Trojan got in :-(
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:59 pm

dont bother shutting the door, - - - - - - its probably bolted. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bozzer
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bozzer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help with this.
Just bought a brand new radio to replace the original Japanese one, and an ISO to DIN converter (after checking that it was the correct one for my 2002 Bongo)
Having connected everything up, the radio does not work (does not even light up).
I have compared the wiring on my converter to photos of other ones on line and the wiring seems to be correct, so :
1. Either the radio is duff, (which is fairly unlikely as it is brand new) unfortunately I have no way of checking if the radio itself is ok
2. The adapter is the wrong one, even though it is stated as for a 2002 model
3. The wiring to the ISO connector on the Bongo is wrong, or different to what it should be
There is 12v at the live battery pin and the 12v accessory pin and the ground pin is connected correctly to ground, but I am unable to identify what the other wires on the ISO connector are in case any of them is at fault
Does anyone have a radio wiring diagram, or know from experience what each wire does on the standard 2002 Bongo ISO connector?
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Roy
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:16 pm

The diagrams show the pins both in terms of the original Mazda pins (loom) and ISO pinout, not quite sure where your getting DIN from however as you need a Mazda to ISO adaptor - DIN "Deutsches Institut für Normung" is just the German Standards bureau and normally applies to the size of the case 1 or 2 DIN

As to what each ISO pin does then see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectors_for_car_audio
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 pm

I don't know anything about audio systems, but I do have access to the Bongo archives. Back in 2010 it was reported that many firms (on eBay and elsewhere) stipulated that a PC2-10-4 "Mazda ISO adapter" would fit later Bongos, but in fact this is incorrect. The one that fits is called a "Mazda Harness Adapter" PC2-78-4. So I'd check to see which adapter you have been supplied with.
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 pm

I bought a Panasonic from Argos that was dud. Took a lot of hours finding it out.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

What's the link these days to the main index of wiring diagrams?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Same as ever but Chrome are dissuading people from using Flash by disabling it, you need to Right click the Warning message on the URL and then Allow Flash, then reload and it will remain enabled until Chrome is closed;
As far as I am aware other Browsers have not taken this approach ..... so FireFox etc. still work normally.

My problem is the update to the Zoomify package to use CSS5 (to do away with Flash) doesn't use the same files or have the same features as the original package, which means I have to recode each and every page across all the manuals, which is not the most enticing activity at present :-(
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:02 am

I can make a package available on a memory stick, but it will still require Flash to display the images via a browser so won't help a lot.
I do have the Zoomify package available using HTML5/CSS but the developers chose to radically alter the XML structure without any means of converting from the old structure to the new one, which means going thru every one of 1363 XML files altering the structure to match the new style which is a major exercise, which I haven't yet found the enthusiasm to start, rather like the manuals after 1999, they chose to alter the aspect ratio of the diagrams and revamp the entire layout so that it requires a total rebuilding of the all the x,y positions for every feature marked on every page :-(
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:47 pm

All the wiring diagrams, 1995 to 2004, have been scanned and are available in pdf format via the Bongoland shop. See https://bongoland.co.uk/product/wiring-manual/. Total file size about 600 mb. Or you can send me a memory stick and a £1 stamp and I will send it back.

Return to “Techie Stuff”