Thank you

If you only go to one meeting this year, it has to be the BIG ONE

Moderator: Ian

sotal
Supreme Being

Thank you

Post by sotal » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you for organising such a fantastic weekend!

This was our second bongo bash, we couldn't make it last year. We've all absolutely loved it.

The evening entertainment was great.
The kids made loads of friends and found quite a few that they had made 2 years ago when we last came.
The neighbors were lovely to chat with and their lad gave our slightly nutty dog loads of fuss.
Our kids loved the onsite park and seeing the animals.
The kids also loved the outdoor paddling pool in Stourport.

A big thank you as well to Chris for doing the puppet making with the kids. Our kids loved making a unicorn and pirate puppet!

We just need a nice family friendly week long one in the summer holidays now!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Thank you

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Glad you and family had a great time, us too. :D

Fantastic to meet up with old friends and make new ones, just sorry we didn't get to chat with everyone.

Here's to the next one. 8)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:08 pm

sotal wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm We just need a nice family friendly week long one in the summer holidays now!
Isn't this the Summer Camp meet in August?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
MT Tank
Bongolier

Post by MT Tank » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:10 pm

A huge thanks to Ian and Marianne for yet another fantastic gathering at Stourport.
See you all soon
Trish
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Wish I could have been there :-( Next year, with luck :-)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

It was jolly good, Bill. 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:23 pm

Bob wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm It was jolly good, Bill. 8)
Don't rub it in Ben. Mind you, sitting in an air conditioned recording studio laying down tracks for my upcoming platinum single was a compensation. Its a catchy little ditty about what life feels like for many of us. Its title? My Old Age of course (well they say you should write about what you know about). I plan to follow it up with another similarly inspired barnstorming rocker: My Bad Hip. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. seem to have crept past 22k posts while you guys were out there Bashing. Who'd a thunk it!
corky
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by corky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:27 pm

I would also like to add my thanks to all who organised this great gathering, I have only had my Bongo since Feb of this year and this was it's first proper outing, actually it was our very first camping venture full stop. My husband and I were greeted by so many happy and helpful people , what a fab site and great location for a lovely stroll along the canal into Stourport, roll on next year.
Hello to our lovely neighbours Janice on one side and Maureen and Mike on the other, we hope we meet you all again soon.
Looking forward to many more ventures.
Maria and John x
Bongo Brain
Bongonaut

Post by Bongo Brain » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks indeed to everyone involved in organising such a great event
This was my first "big bash", having been to one of the smaller ones last year (cornwall)
Thoroughly enjoyed everything I saw, and everyone I met & chatted with, particularly my van neighbours + new friends made :D

Great location too - what a lovely spot. I'm looking forward to next year already!
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread
What lovely people Bongonauts are :D
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Finally got the chance to get back to all about the bash. Made it back to france in one piece all the way from ilse o skye, that was nice too and bizzarely it didnt rain :shock: :shock:
The bash was awesome and it was our first, the entertainment was great and the company, even better.
The location was lovely and the weather was also lovely. 8)
Thanks to Ian and Marianne for a great time and we'll be back next year for sure. Hopefully with some more songs to play and sing (hope i didnt scare anyone away with ma guitar and terrible singing) :roll: :lol:
Overall the bongo did 4800 km in 2 weeks without a hitch, good stuff :D
If i could make it to mare bashes i would but unfortunaltely i dont have enough time off.
See you next year folks, and if anyone has any requests for songs they would like to hear next time, let me know and i'll see what i can do, and i'll probably be a bit less drunk :lol:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
Reg3110
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Reg3110 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:32 pm

We could only manage to get to the Bash for the day but was great to get some ideas for the van. We managed to get a bike rack and had a lengthy chat with a couple from Bristol. We had never met before but were very welcoming.
We will hopefully be heading down to looe & no doubt attend next year's Bash

Rich & Clare
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Glad you enjoyed the Bash. :D

See you next year. 8)
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:59 am

Hello everyone
I'm a bit late to this but I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in this great gathering on behalf of Marie and I .
I have never seem to many bongos here in Ireland ant then go see 280 odd in one field was fantastic !
Everyone we met was really nice and helpful and more than willing to show this dodgy geyser their pride and joy and explain everything they have done to it , I got some GREAT ideas , thank you all very much .
Ian even gave us a few camp sites to consider on the way home which we did . I even got go meet the two legends Muss and Northern bongolow on the Sunday morning and had a great chat with them needless to say I was very nervous to be inn the company of such bongo legends :lol:
We are planning to try and make this event next year already , maybe to from it to France , we will see .
All the best
Marie and Brian
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 am

I'm nervous near Muzz and Ady. :shock: :lol:
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm

leg ends. :D it is good putting faces to names. Nice to meet up and have a chat. :wink:

Return to “Bongo Bash 2018”