Middle seat rotating mechanism

Looking for hard to find bull-bars etc? Or have something to give away for free? This is the place for you! NO TRADE! NB You can stipulate postage costs when giving away items, but no selling! Items for sale go in 'Small Ads' on here, or 'For Sale' on http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

Roy748
Bongolier

Middle seat rotating mechanism

Post by Roy748 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello all
I would like to have the option to rotate my middle seats upon arrival at the campsite. Is anyone in possession of the rotating mechanism they would like to sell.
Thanks in advance
ade33
Bongolier

Re: Middle seat rotating mechanism

Post by ade33 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:39 am

When we bought our seat-spinner, they changed the whole middle seat. They had an exchange seat made up with the right cushions, seat belts already fitted and just swapped the whole thing out in about half an hour.

The seat base / runner assembly is highly modified from the stock seat and the rotating mechanism takes up all the space you would otherwise have under the seats.

I guess what I'm rambling on about is you'll be looking for a whole rotating seat bench, as it's not just a 'bolt-on' part.

We paid £450 supply and fit. Sounds like a lot of money, but it's really good.
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:40 am

Hello ade33
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping I could just buy the mechanism and fit it too my current seat.
Maybe someone had one lying around after a conversion that they would sell. My van it's unconverted but this would make a good addition. I don't mind sleeping on the original seats when laid flat.
ade33
Bongolier

Post by ade33 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm

You may be able to Roy, but I found the whole swivel mechanism was bigger and more complex than I had imagined it to be. Still good though, and I can't imagine not having it now. We have a rear conversion in our bus and it works perfectly in that environment.
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi ade, on your seat/bench the seatbelts that are fitted, are they 3 point seatbelts? I am trying to get my bongo registered in france and they just wont accept the back breaker in the middle of the bench. I got my swivel from northstar conversions but they didnt supply a centre belt as it already had the back snapper. :roll:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
ade33
Bongolier

Post by ade33 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 am

Hi, sorry - I missed your reply.

We have three point belts on the two outer seats, and a lap-belt on the middle seat. I think this is the factory arrangement.
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks for the info, the war continues in france to get the beast registered. Will keep you posted on progress
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:

Return to “Stuff Wanted/ Free Stuff/Swaps”