Bizarre Blantyre Bongo question

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

mikey0909
Apprentice Bongonaut

Bizarre Blantyre Bongo question

Post by mikey0909 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello. I currently live in Blantyre, Malawi. When my family and I return to the UK in 2 or 3 years, I want to finally get the Bongo I was planning to buy before this job got in the way. I would prefer to get a bargain and spend the money on a professional to weld, sort and generally make good rather than spend more and then possibly have the costs anyway.....

But I'd love opinions. Looking for an aft, 8 seats with the back row that flips up. Seen some for very little (about 1200£) that need welding and tuneups. Could then hand someone a couple of grand to do up - and they'd have a year or 2 to do it!

Whaddya think?

Zikomo

Michael
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Bizarre Blantyre Bongo question

Post by teenmal » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:14 pm

It sometimes makes sense ,buying a Known faulty vehicle for very little money and repairing it yourself, rather than buying one for a lot of money and finding out its a Lemon and need to spend a Lots of money to put it right. The latter seems to be getting a familiar trend of lately. I used to buy vehicles with sold body / chassis and a knackered engine, its often easier and less expensive to change the engine.

Take Care

Return to “Bongo Chat”