Cover

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

ntredwell
Apprentice Bongonaut

Cover

Post by ntredwell » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:53 pm

I am just about to take ownership of a newly imported Bongo which is currently being converted and have just been looking into what covers are available.

I was planning on keeping it in a garage when not in use but have just realised that the Bongo is going to be too high to get in! Unfortunately that means it will have to be parked in a area under trees and will get covered in bird mess and leaves etc. Iherefore I am planning on getting a cover to save the paintwork and the need to clean of all the mess every few days.

Can anyone please recommend a suitable cover that will fit the Bongo?

Many thanks

Nick
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Cover

Post by Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Can't help with cover info I'm afraid, but welcome aboard. :D

Someone will have some thoughts.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:34 pm

There are some mixed views about covers, principally that they tend to rub against paintwork i think. might be worth googling to read up on pros and cons before committing. Oh and welcome, hope you have lots of fun with the Bongo :-)
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:30 am

You can buy one via the Bongoland shop, see http://bongoland.co.uk/product/vehicle-cover/
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:08 am

This looks a good one at a good price, suitable for a high top, if reviews are to be believed.

Maypole MP6584 Camper Van Cover https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F56UVZ8/ ... oybX1EVZRR
grykis
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by grykis » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 pm

:( :) I bought a cover from Fury and found it was too far off the ground for our area ( high up I Scotland). Ian was great and took it back. Eventually I converted a small caravan cover to suit, though it took a lot of effort sewing it.after 5 years it let rain and snow on from the top. So now i have bought a Fury cover (again) and put it on top of the adapted one. In ten years I haven't seen any damage caused by the cover, and I don't think it would look as good, if it had not been covered. The fury cover, although short, is very strong and we'll made. . Well done Ian.
ntredwell
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by ntredwell » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Many Thanks for the welcomes and comments.

I have read man conflicting opinions about covers damaging the paintwork or being absolutely fine but I know if I have to park it where I think i will the paint work will definitely suffer due to the deposits from birds so think I have decided to go ahead and get one.

Thanks for the posted links I will have a look

Many Thanks

Nick
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:56 pm

ntredwell wrote:Many Thanks for the welcomes and comments.

I have read man conflicting opinions about covers damaging the paintwork or being absolutely fine but I know if I have to park it where I think i will the paint work will definitely suffer due to the deposits from birds so think I have decided to go ahead and get one.

Thanks for the posted links I will have a look

Many Thanks

Nick
I think you may be right about being covered with a cover being better for the paintwork than being covered with guano and tree sap. Good to hear someone say they've had no problem with using a cover, and potential rubbing points can always be protected in any case. I think a Bongo is probably a good shape for minimising rubbing points - not too many sticky out bits, as it were.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Don't forget regular polishing, too.

Boring job by by crikey the muck comes off easier.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:35 am

How about a caravan cover,various sizes available and most are breathable

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “Bongo Chat”