Switch short runners for long runners

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

DonNorthStar
Apprentice Bongonaut

Switch short runners for long runners

Post by DonNorthStar » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi everyone! I've got a 96 Bongo with the flip down seats in the back. What I want to do is remove them and put in a sliding bench seat, enabling me to slide it right back against the door to create more space in the back. Obviously this requires the long runners as opposed to the short ones which the middle row are on. Has anybody done this? Is it possible, and how difficult is it? I've taken the middle row out and switched them to face the rear, which was time consuming, but doable, so I've got a bit of experience with this type of thing, but I guess changing the runners completely is a bit of a bigger job! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
wotters
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Switch short runners for long runners

Post by wotters » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 pm

I have a 95 bongo with gullwing seats and have fitted full length runners. The front of the long runners, 6 bolts, go in the same holes as the short runners but for the rear bolts behind the arches there is no holes just the template on the floor. I have left the rear of the runners, behind the arches, un bolted to the floor as when we are travelling the seat is up the front so we can reach the kids. I fitted long runners so the seat can be pushed to the back door when we are camping. When we need it as an 8 seater I just bolt the flip up seats back in. They are a lot lighter than a bench seat and you can put just one in if you don't need both. Hope this helps.

Paul

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”