Repair to damaged roof tent

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

apapa
Bongonaut

Repair to damaged roof tent

Post by apapa » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello,

We put something called a "cat flap" in our roof. It means we have had some welding done so part of the roof can stay open when the children are asleep in it. We tried it last night and it resulted in a large rip in the roof tent. As the work was carried out by a reputable company I have to assume it was my fault but it would have been good if they warned me. It looks like one of the corners of a roof panel was sticking into the tent and ripped it as it opened.

Anyway, I need a new roof tent. Does anybody have recommendations for a company to supply and fit a new one? We are in Wiltshire (near Warminster) next week and in Harrogate the week after so somewhere near either of these places would be great.

Thanks

A
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Repair to damaged roof tent

Post by Bob » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Bell Hill Garage is the Warminster side of Bath. :)
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Nearest to you is probably Bellhill Garage near Trowbridge who break and repair Bongos. You may find that some breakers prefer to sell the roof complete rather than just the tent on its own. There did used to be a company on eBay that made new roof tents so may be worth trying to track them down.
apapa
Bongonaut

Post by apapa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to bell hill garage but they were unable to fit us in before we left. We found another place called bongo spares near Halifax. They replaced it today for £340 (green one would have been £300)

The new roof tent could do with a good clean inside. Does anybody have a recommendation for the best products and methods for cleaning a roof tent?

Thanks

A
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 pm

apapa wrote:Thanks for the advice. I spoke to bell hill garage but they were unable to fit us in before we left. We found another place called bongo spares near Halifax. They replaced it today for £340 (green one would have been £300)

The new roof tent could do with a good clean inside. Does anybody have a recommendation for the best products and methods for cleaning a roof tent?

Thanks

A
Hi :). I used dettol mould and mildew remover on mine and then made sure it was all rinsed off properly. Mine was really dirty and it came up like new. I think I got the advise from here :). Hope that helps x

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”